RD Hunter Brzustewicz - Kitchener Rangers, WHL (2023, 75th, VAN; traded to CAL)

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
When he was acquired, a lot of Flames fans saw his numbers and assumed he has the potential of a top pairing guy. When in reality, his ceiling is probably a #3 or #4

Today was the first day of development camp. I wasn’t there, but some Flames fans left disappointed with him. He is what he is. Guy that at his best can play some sheltered minutes and play PP2.

I said this a bunch of times when he was a Canucks prospect, but his upside is basically Rasmus Sandin. Downside is Adam Clendening.

Reactions: Vector

Bond

May 10, 2012
nah this guy is the next Ryan Ellis. He’s not a world class skater but he’s got an elite brain. He didn’t make the WJC team because the USA doesn’t like to pick players that don’t play in the USA development system, same thing happened to Musty.

He’ll be a solid second pair/second PP guy.
I’b be pumped if he turned into a second pairing dman. It looks like he has a decent chance of turning out

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I’b be pumped if he turned into a second pairing dman. It looks like he has a decent chance of turning out

Ya I never get why some people discount prospects like that? Oh hes only going to be a cost controlled 2nd pairing guy? Oh no. Like that isn't worth a 1st or more.

If he becomes a top pairing guy, this would be a franchise altering trade. Brzustewics and Gridin for a couple months of Lindholm

Reactions: Bond

Bond

May 10, 2012
Ya I never get why some people discount prospects like that? Oh hes only going to be a cost controlled 2nd pairing guy? Oh no. Like that isn't worth a 1st or more.

If he becomes a top pairing guy, this would be a franchise altering trade. Brzustewics and Gridin for a couple months of Lindholm
Would be funny if somehow Jurmo turned into something and they flipped Kuzmenko for something else. I love trade trees. That Hanifin/Lindholm trade still has lot of paths to go

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Even though he's no longer a Van prospect, I'm really intrigued by this player.

His passing is already NHL level. Perfect weight and tape to tape.

Deceptive edge work too. Everything has to go right, but he has legit potential to be a PMD for the Flames
Same. He was stuck behind a few guys in our depth chart so the trade made sense for all parties but I really like him. As you said, everything has to go right, but he has a great work ethic and attitude, and a lot of talent.

I'd say he has a low floor but the upside of 2nd unit PP, #4 guy is definitely there.

Reactions: Grantham

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad