RD David Jiricek (2022, 6th, CBJ)

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I think he gets into game 3 (for him). He was driving the Leafs a bit crazy all night.

Well he did take an obvious embellishment penalty after he let tiny Nick Robertson drag him down very easily lol. Not sure that’s the kind of driving crazy you want tho

That hit above on Holmberg was clean tho, annoying Reaves felt the need to intervene.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Well he did take an obvious embellishment penalty after he let tiny Nick Robertson drag him down very easily lol. Not sure that’s the kind of driving crazy you want tho

That hit above on Holmberg was clean tho, annoying Reaves felt the need to intervene.
I'd say a rookie drawing a penatly is a good thing!

Reactions: CBJx614

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Jiricek went down under pressure twice, the second time the officials wised up and let it go. They'll learn that he just has a hard time staying on his feet. We are in the bambi stage.

I have seen Jiricek go down so often that I don't even think that's a dive, he knows he's going down and is just trying to take someone with him.

Reactions: CBJx614

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Well.. he did enough to get game 2. That's all I can ask. Do I think 3rd pair with Jack Johnson is good for him? Not really but it's another chance and they don't have a 7th guy so he should hit around 12 to 13 minutes. Johnson is a steady vet and he should have favorable matchups so maybe it is a golden opportunity to outscore or outperform his deployment (which I felt he did last time).

The saga continues... in the NHL... I'll take it
The opportunity presents itself now with the Gudbranson shoulder injury. Jiricek is the only RHD after Severson for the Jackets. Has to make the most of it.

I do have the same reservations with sticking him with the corpse of Johnson, but if they don't view Jiricek capable of playing the minutes and situations beside Provorov, then the other options as a LHD partner are Harris and Christianson who had going into the year like 140 and 44 NHL games under their belts.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The opportunity presents itself now with the Gudbranson shoulder injury. Jiricek is the only RHD after Severson for the Jackets. Has to make the most of it.

I do have the same reservations with sticking him with the corpse of Johnson, but if they don't view Jiricek capable of playing the minutes and situations beside Provorov, then the other options as a LHD partner are Harris and Christianson who had going into the year like 140 and 44 NHL games under their belts.
Sucks about the Gudbranson injury.

I think third pair with Johnson may be good for now. Cagey veteran might cover for him a little as he pushes for offence. Feel like he's months away from Top 4 with Provorov right now but do think/hope he gets there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad