RD Anthony Cristoforo - Windsor Spitfires, OHL (2024 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Windsor’s top selection in the OHL draft at 22nd overall. I am surprised he went that low in my opinion and I believe Windsor got a steal. When Mews went down in the GTHL final against the Sens, Cristoforo seemlessly took over as the Jr. Canadiens #1 defender and looked just as good as his teammate Henry Mews, who went #7 overall in the OHL draft.
Cristoforo is a good all around defender, he is very smart and reads plays well. When scanning the ice with the puck, he is very calm and seldom forces a pass. He is good as using his agility and acceleration to get out from an agressive opposing forecheck and has a good outlet pass.Cristoforo can QB a PP and set up his teammates with good passes because of how good his vision is.

OHL Rights: Windsor Spitfires
OHL Draft: Windsor Spitfires (R1, 2022 #22 Overall)

Toronto Jr. Canadiens -> Windsor Spitfires

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
@GermanSpitfire was completely right.

Very good player. He's a little small, but other than that he's a very good offensive player, skates well, and can defend.

Looks like a first round pick for 2024.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Pretty good start for a guy that didn’t get drafted.
He is undersized and not that great on defense and plays on a very stacked offensive team this year, some teams just prefer drafting big hulks on the back end later in the draft.

Maybe he is one of those guys that eventually makes it but he has to get better at positing and defensive play and battles.

That being said I'm kind of surprised that he wasn't picked last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad