Speculation: Raymond Seider Contract Speculation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
They’re not selfish.

They’re negotiating a contract to be paid for their services.

In fact, the NHLPA tends to hate when players go “team-friendly” or “want to win friendly contracts because of the way comparables work. Bigger contracts for players raise the boat for other players.

There is nothing to be on the fence about other than maybe the billionaire owners and tv execs continuing to pump the fan bases for ludicrous money to watch it.

Hating the players for wanting raises just misses the mark tremendously

I get it. I do. squabbling over 200-100k seems petty in the grand scheme of things, but I understand why.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
The reality is the players and owners have agreed to a split 50:50 revenue model. It makes no difference what an owner is worth, nor each player. The salary cap is set to preserve that split.

When one player (or two) take a large percentage of that pool, others players have to take less. The constraints on signing other players is magnified. It is great to have superstars, but Edmonton has yet to win a cup with McDavid.

I mean..... They literally came as close as you can to a cup. That's not really a fair shake. Also Holland gave out some atrocious contracts.... Nurse 🤢 Campbell 🤢

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
Just so we are clear, it’s not “selfish” or “petty” for the agent to get as much as he can for his client, he has a fiduciary duty to his client to get him the best contract possible. I’m sure Mo is letting his agent earn his fee.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
View attachment 907927

It's interesting, how different evolving-hockey did calculate those contract estimates.

On average, majority of different terms will show Raymond as more valuable player.

And imo, Seider is more important than him.

So, my conclusion is, that current forward market is more inflated than defenceman market, based on other contracts.

Also, Seider could be wanting a shorter term by himself, because he was not happy for last year only with 42-points. It was not a best possible "career" year. He could like to get another better chance.

Also, it's interesting on that estimate chart, how that 6-year estimate was biggest gap favoring Seider vs. Raymond with a 6-year deal. It comes from comparable contracts. So it could be Moritz himself wanting that, because it could be that Yzerman and Claude the Turtle could be throwing these numbers same ways.

Yzerman chopped 800k off from the Raymond estimate, 200k off from the Berggren estimate, and 400k off from the Larkin estimate last year. These will cumulate to a contender on long-run.
I'm thinking the same thing with Seider not wanting to sign for max term length. Another guy betting on himself. If he signs says a 4 or 5 year deal and garners norris votes by then, he has the right to ask for more than Larkin and push for a max deal then when it will take him further in his career

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl

Mo watching us lose the first five games.

giphy.webp

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
View attachment 907927

It's interesting, how different evolving-hockey did calculate those contract estimates.

On average, majority of different terms will show Raymond as more valuable player.

And imo, Seider is more important than him.

So, my conclusion is, that current forward market is more inflated than defenceman market, based on other contracts.

Also, Seider could be wanting a shorter term by himself, because he was not happy for last year only with 42-points. It was not a best possible "career" year. He could like to get another better chance.

Also, it's interesting on that estimate chart, how that 6-year estimate was biggest gap favoring Seider vs. Raymond with a 6-year deal. It comes from comparable contracts. So it could be Moritz himself wanting that, because it could be that Yzerman and Claude the Turtle could be throwing these numbers same ways.

Yzerman chopped 800k off from the Raymond estimate, 200k off from the Berggren estimate, and 400k off from the Larkin estimate last year. These will cumulate to a contender on long-run.
What do these projections mean? The gap between years is crazy, are they saying it's worthwhile to pay an extra 1.1 million for 7 years just to save 2-3 million in year 8?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
I'm still on the fence about calling these sports stars 'selfish'. For normal people $10k can mean the difference between feeding your family, or not. To these athletes, $100k does not.

Same goes for the billionaire owners. The athletes are an elite labor pool that generates billions of dollars. And their actual value is already artificially restricted by the cap.

That kind of thinking can be applied to lots of things. "I can't believe you spend $15 on beer at a hockey game! Do you know how many malaria nets that could buy and lives it could save in Africa?"

Just so we are clear, it’s not “selfish” or “petty” for the agent to get as much as he can for his client, he has a fiduciary duty to his client to get him the best contract possible. I’m sure Mo is letting his agent earn his fee.

No that's not petty. Though agents may sometimes have other interests besides getting the best deal for their client. Or like any other industry just may suck at their job.

Either way, Turtle is still a piece of shit.

Reactions: JediOrderPizza
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad