Speculation: Raymond Seider Contract Speculation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I can't stand that idiot almost 30 years later. I don't care if D Mac and him are cool now..
All these years later...
1726683961354.png

Need at least a 7 year.
Would be nice if it were 7, or 8, but 6 is still very good.

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
Every time I hear this I wonder how many people have actually been cashiers and can appreciate it. I was for a few years in HS and that phrase still triggers my PTSD. Also degenerates getting mad at me, a teenager, for not selling them alcohol before noon on Sundays. Yeah, man, I want you out of this line too, but I'm not about to lose my job so you can get loaded and go put ketchup on your hot dog, or whatever other unspeakable act you're planning on.

Sign Mo please.

Remember that northeast wide blackout in 2004?

The one where some huge power plant in New York just completely failed and there was no power for a week plus like everywhere?

Meijer had backup generators and so could be open and sell stuff.

Some lady was buying 20 20-lb bags of ice, so 400 lbs of ice and screamed bloody murder about me gouging her (a 20 lb bag of ice was 3.29 before that blackout, during that blackout, and after.).

I was just like, bitch, you are buying 400 lbs of ice during a blackout. If we’re talking “not fair to the general public”, how about we start with you.

It was just so so dumb. Like yeah, a 20 year old kid just back from college for the summer to make beer money… he has chose to gouge only you

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007

The one where some huge power plant in New York just completely failed and there was no power for a week plus like everywhere?

Some lady was buying 20 20-lb bags of ice, so 400 lbs of ice and screamed bloody murder about me gouging her (a 20 lb bag of ice was 3.29 before that blackout, during that blackout, and after.).

I was just like, bitch, you are buying 400 lbs of ice during a blackout. If we’re talking “not fair to the general public”, how about we start with you.

It was just so so dumb. Like yeah, a 20 year old kid just back from college for the summer to make beer money… he has chose to gouge only you
I remember it well, summer of 2003 actually. I was living in Ann Arbor and I can still feel how hot our apartment got haha.

Lol, yeah those kind of people, man, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for service industry workers. I remember the kinda shit we put up with back then, and I'm sure it's even worse now.

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee

This is the feel-good story we all needed today, thank you.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Honestly I think it’s fair to be a bit cautious with Seider. He is a beast but he has to take several significant steps to be worth a 9M contract, whereas Raymond if he repeats last year is essentially already worth his contract in today’s cap. I would personally be fine at 6 years around 8M. He’ll be almost 30 by the end of that and get another 6-7 year contract

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Honestly I think it’s fair to be a bit cautious with Seider. He is a beast but he has to take several significant steps to be worth a 9M contract, whereas Raymond if he repeats last year is essentially already worth his contract in today’s cap. I would personally be fine at 6 years around 8M. He’ll be almost 30 by the end of that and get another 6-7 year contract

I'm not entirely sure about that. He's better than nurse and that bum makes 9.25

Reactions: Realgud

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Mo doesn't have to take any steps to be worth $9M. The rest of the d-corp and coaching staff needs to take some steps. Mo very easily could have been a 60+ point defenseman (to satisfy the points or bust crowd) the last couple seasons purely with the deployment the high-end producers get. The trick here is that Mo and Claude know this. Yzerman does too.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Seider has been good since day one. Raymond had a good rookie campaign, a mid sophomore season then he took a step last year. Seider is already a #1D and is 23yr old not sure what more you are expecting? We are giving Chiarot and Holl basically 9M and I would be thrilled if we waived both of them....

Reactions: Realgud

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Mo doesn't have to take any steps to be worth $9M. The rest of the d-corp and coaching staff needs to take some steps. Mo very easily could have been a 60+ point defenseman (to satisfy the points or bust crowd) the last couple seasons purely with the deployment the high-end producers get. The trick here is that Mo and Claude know this. Yzerman does too.
Seider had extremely difficult usage last year, but it’s also worth noting that he was pretty bad in that usage. I’m certain Yzerman is using that argument too.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

You make some good points but signing 30 year olds to 6 or 7 year contracts isn't ideal.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I was a cashier at Meijer for three years and I have to admit it's the job I have enjoyed the most.

And, yeah, any deal with Seider includes some projection to it. Same with Raymond. Seider is already pretty good at the hardest part of his job, though. I don't doubt he can be a 60 point guy if we're putting him in position where that's realistic.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Seider had extremely difficult usage last year, but it’s also worth noting that he was pretty bad in that usage. I’m certain Yzerman is using that argument too.
No defenseman could have thrived with his deployment.

Edit: A nice visual aide. These are all the defensemen that outscored Mo this season. Notice a trend?

1726690292865.png

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I remember it well, summer of 2003 actually. I was living in Ann Arbor and I can still feel how hot our apartment got haha.

Lol, yeah those kind of people, man, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for service industry workers. I remember the kinda shit we put up with back then, and I'm sure it's even worse now.
I worked at Little Caesars.

We had a generator and bottled water to make pizza's.

People still complained.

Reactions: jaster

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
What's the argument against giving him what he wants? Yzerman said they are not far. So just give it to him and get 8 years done. We have some bad contracts that can go down the line easier....

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
What's the argument against giving him what he wants? Yzerman said they are not far. So just give it to him and get 8 years done. We have some bad contracts that can go down the line easier....
It could be any number of things. Maybe Yzerman has an additional trade or signing lined up if he can reach a certain cap number with Mo. Maybe he's just trying to pinch every cent he can with an eye for big moves next summer. Who knows.

Raymond got a deal done. It sounds like Seider is close to doing the same. I'm not concerned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad