Speculation: Raymond Seider Contract Speculation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
Adjust as needed. Maybe it's 8.7 for Seider, 7.9 for Raymond and 1.0 for Berggren. That's not even getting into the possible rabbit hole of doing some kind of deferred salary deal.
Point is they can realistically get it done with what's available.

I would be happy as a clam with those numbers.

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
Appears they have set aside an amount...the price isn't going down as time passes (the comparables aren't getting the Wings a better deal), so why do we wait, its only a game of chicken because that's the path SY and staff have chosen. My hypothesis is we could have been proactive and pushed a decent deal in the spring, but SY wants to play the tough guy negotiator role as he did with Larkin. Think this routine will get old and be another Detroit negative to future FA considerations.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Appears they have set aside an amount...the price isn't going down as time passes (the comparables aren't getting the Wings a better deal), so why do we wait, its only a game of chicken because that's the path SY and staff have chosen. My hypothesis is we could have been proactive and pushed a decent deal in the spring, but SY wants to play the tough guy negotiator role as he did with Larkin. Think this routine will get old and be another Detroit negative to future FA considerations.

Considering Kane chose to come here twice , Tarasenko, Perron, Debrincat and Larkin all want/wanted to be here I'd say we are becoming a more desirable location and Yzerman isn't scaring off respected veterans around the league.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Considering Kane chose to come here twice , Tarasenko, Perron, Debrincat and Larkin all want/wanted to be here I'd say we are becoming a more desirable location and Yzerman isn't scaring off respected veterans around the league.

What big FA signings did SY have in TB?

And I’m also of the mind that the more you play hardball, the more likely you’re going to have difficulties getting players in the future.

Reactions: lilidk

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
What big FA signings did SY have in TB?

And I’m also of the mind that the more you play hardball, the more likely you’re going to have difficulties getting players in the future.

He kept most of his stars so while I'm not familiar with his free agency periods during Tampa... he did a good job of keeping homegrown talent around which was the concern for some regarding Ray and Mo.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I think they already have signed. Steve is just keeping the fan base talking to keep the Wings a relevant topic of discussion. Otherwise we’d be hearing more from other teams. Probably not true but whatever gets me through the day lol

ShakenNotStirred

Feb 1, 2015
NW PA
My feel is that they are kids and enjoying the last bit of "free" time they have left until they have to go back to work. SY is a stand up guy and wants to have a formal signing in Detroit. I'm pretty sure all parties are in different countries at the moment, no?

I have no doubt deals are in place and when all of them are back in Detroit things will be anticlimactic.

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
My feel is that they are kids and enjoying the last bit of "free" time they have left until they have to go back to work. SY is a stand up guy and wants to have a formal signing in Detroit. I'm pretty sure all parties are in different countries at the moment, no?

I have no doubt deals are in place and when all of them are back in Detroit things will be anticlimactic.
They aren't coming back to Detroit until a deal is in place. If a deal was in-place it would be filed by the Wings and the league.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016

Seider already said he's staying in Germany until the deal is signed.

• Wow
Reactions: ColdToiletSeats

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
We are not competing for cup, I don't care when they will be signed, eventually they will, meanwhile going to be opening for others to play.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
personally i think that you deserve the majority of the blame. if only you had put more effort into complaining about it on the internet, these contracts would have been signed months ago

or alternatively maybe Yzerman is reading this forum and sitting on them till the last minute out of spite for people worrying about it

which....I guess would also mean it's their fault

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
ofc this season important but guessing SY willing to go past start of season to get these contracts done in a way that wont hinder the team, big picture of next 10-20 yrs more important than this yr alone.

contracts also have ripple effect, look at leafs. 1 slight overpay leads to next guy asking 4 a slightly bigger overpay n it snowballs

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
So if there’s still no contracts into camps, who ultimately holds the blame?
Yzerman. Seider and Raymond are very important to the Red Wings now and a decade from now. Especially if our other recent draft picks don't have the same impact as they had.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad