Value of: Raymond Offer sheet

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Detroit matches easily, you don't understand how offersheet compensation works (Montreal would give up 2 1st, a 2nd and 3rd because the math adjusts as if it were a 5 year contract with the total compensation), and this would be incredibly stupid for Montreal.

MTL doesn't have the cap space after the Laine signing.

Yes they do, they just need to put Price on offseason LTIR (instead of in-season LTIR).

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Lol, I bet you would.

Honestly, from my third-party POV, Raymond is the most important piece on the DRW roster. Seider is second, and Larkin is third.

I absolutely love that kids game. He's going to get a lot better.

I'm guessing you mean long term? Because of right now the whole team including Seider and Raymond needs to learn to play and win without Larkin. ATM Larkin is the #1 most important player with Seider and Raymond pretty much equally important behind him.

Reactions: TS Quint

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
For any offer sheet to work it would need to be right at or close to the edge of the 2 1sts, 1 2nd and 1 3rd range - $9,161,833

DRW probably still matches that though

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Wings match

Yeah I forgot to finish my post with saying DRW would likely match anyway. Just edited.

OP's offer sheet is even easier to match, the point of making it at the very edge of the threshold is to make it as difficult as possible for the original club to match

Reactions: Hobnobs

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Hard to see anyone doing this or Seider without an easy match. I am not sure why they aren’t done other than a Trouba esk trade that forces them to bridge deals. Even there most rumors are that they would likely lean towards Raymond long-term while bridging Seider because of the future market earning potential.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Isn't compensation calculated on the AAV averaged over 5 years, not the length of the offer sheet? So this would be 7.9 * 6 / 5 = 9.48. Which would be 2 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd.
The Demonitor in which you divide the total value of the contract by is the lessor of 5 or the length of the OS term. So, if the OS, like in Broberg/Holloway is 2 years, that is what you use. If you give a 6 year term, you would use 5 as the denomiator, thus that $47.4 mill value is divided by 5 to get a $9.5 mill AAV for the draft pick compensation.

Reactions: weaponomega

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad