Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoilers - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I still don’t get how the Women Tag Titles will work come October.

One of Fox main things are they don’t want to share talent with USA.

Soooo, will all the Women be on RAW or SmackDown come October?

I wonder how Universal Champ - IC Champ - Women’s Champ - Women’s Tag Champ on RAW and WWE Champ - US Champ - Men’s Tag Champ - Hardcore/Euro/TV Champ on SD would be received.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I've never actually seen or heard anything that says Fox won't share talent with USA. Which doesn't even make sense, if someone gets over on USA, they're going to be on Fox. Like, it won't even be a considering, they will be there. They can't afford not to be.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Also if Brock beats Seth I'm 100% done. I'll read results here but my minimal watching will drop to absolute zero.

I only follow wrestling vicariously through YouTube channels and Reddit.

I might fast forward through Raw/Smackdown if there is nothing else on television, but I don't really watch wrestling. I am way more likely to watch a well received promo than I am to watch a great match. Only time I will watch an actual match is if I am streaming a PPV. And even then, wrestling is mostly just background noise for videogames.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m going to post it here since we’re close to the show, but John Pollock said last night/this morning that he was told the plan for John Cena does not involve Kurt Angle.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The universal title looks like a toy. They should bring back that Undisputed championship from 2002-2005 or Big Gold.

It’ll also make it possible for the main title holder to move brands in the shakeups. Everyone knows the dude holding the title with the red strap isn’t going to the blue brand.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The universal title looks like a toy. They should bring back that Undisputed championship from 2002-2005 or Big Gold.

It’ll also make it possible for the main title holder to move brands in the shakeups. Everyone knows the dude holding the title with the red strap isn’t going to the blue brand.

The Women’s Tag Titles are a step in the right direction.

Hopefully the RAW Tag Titles and the Universal Title go from looking like toys to legitimate titles.

It’s also annoying that the Universal, RAW Women’s, WWE Championship and the SD Women’s titles are all the same thing with a different colour scheme.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Was at NXT Takeover, it was great. Atmosphere was insane.

I’m doing NJPW/ROH G1 Supershow tomorrow night, then Wrestlemania, Raw and Smackdown, so 5 shows in 5 nights.

Damn that’s insane. I was afraid nj and roh would disappoint with a lot of their talent jumping ship, but the card looks strong.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Damn that’s insane. I was afraid nj and roh would disappoint with a lot of their talent jumping ship, but the card looks strong.

It’s still going to be great. I bought the tickets the first day they went on sale, thinking that they were gonna have Omega and Okada tear down the house again. Was upset when I found out about AEW, but they want to do a joint show with AAA here from what I’m hearing. To see Bucks vs Lucha Bros live would be insanity.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It’s still going to be great. I bought the tickets the first day they went on sale, thinking that they were gonna have Omega and Okada tear down the house again. Was upset when I found out about AEW, but they want to do a joint show with AAA here from what I’m hearing. To see Bucks vs Lucha Bros live would be insanity.

I was one of three guys trying to get tickets and none of us got through. I’d say you lucked out.

I wouldn’t hate it if you gave us a new thread next week with a quick rundown of all the events. Highs. Lows. Crowds. Etc. wink wink

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and yes if you’re back in Brooklyn i highly recommend Morgan’s bbq down the street from Barclays. Allow yourself ample time. It’s a small place and you’ll wanna sample everything

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I was one of three guys trying to get tickets and none of us got through. I’d say you lucked out.

I wouldn’t hate it if you gave us a new thread next week with a quick rundown of all the events. Highs. Lows. Crowds. Etc. wink wink

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and yes if you’re back in Brooklyn i highly recommend Morgan’s bbq down the street from Barclays. Allow yourself ample time. It’s a small place and you’ll wanna sample everything

I’ll give a review of the weekend during the week after smackdown.

Reactions: TD Charlie

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

And thank you for the recommendation, much appreciated.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You guys keep making me think juicy Mania spoilers have been dropped

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Ok, I lied. Update earlier than expected being I have some time to do so while waiting for food.

NXT:

- The tag title match absolutely tore the house down. So many good spots in that match. Atmosphere was crazy. Crowd was one of the best crowds I’ve ever been apart of for a match.

- Velveteen/Riddle was good, but not great. When Velveteen hulked up, he got a real big pop for that. Match left a little to be desired, seemed like him and Riddle just did not have enough chemistry.

- Walter/Dunne we were getting drinks for and watched a bit from the concourse, so I’ll be honest and say that I can’t give you a lot about that match. Reviews have been great though.

- Women’s 4 way was solid, ending was a bit anti-climactic, but a well wrestled match. Was hoping Io would have won.

- Gargano/Cole should be WWE match of the year unless something unreal comes along by year end. Crowd energy was great the whole match, online, people were saying we were beyond loud. Match was a classic in my opinion.

NJPW/ROH

- Ospreay/Cobb was great and was an excellent opener. Had a feeling Cobb was winning and I was right. Only complaint would be that it was a short, but it’s an opening match so I can’t complain too much.

- Battle Royal was great to see Liger and Muta square off. Shitty ending.

- Jr Heavyweight triple threat was decent, ended too quick.

- I knew Rush was winning, but he shouldn’t have squashed Castle. They did Castle dirty.

- Ladder match was amazing except the ending, they could have done so much more with the ending and the spot that they had set up. It was a total letdown.

- Okada vs White was a classic. After it ended, Okada cut a thank you promo in English. His English is far better than expected.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
apparently you were getting drinks while said match was happening

You mean the one that the crowd really wasn’t into nearly as much?

Because we could hear the crowd from where we were perfectly fine, as it was open. If you looked through the back of the bar, you could see the jumbo tron, so we were able to watch some of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad