Raw/SD/NXT/PPV spoiler thread part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Right so its okay for Xavier to own it and make off the cuff remarks, but heaven forbid a woman does the same thing.

if you cant see the difference between Xavier making sly remarks, and Paige coming out saying "im a dirty girl, I liked what I was doing, im basically a ****" then yikes

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah well if she doesn't bring it up and address it the crowd sure will to the point it will overshadow anything she does.

It’s been like six months since the leak. Who cares? She doesn’t need to own ****, and the “up up down down†idea is awful.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
if you cant see the difference between Xavier making sly remarks, and Paige coming out saying "im a dirty girl, I liked what I was doing, im basically a ****" then yikes

Yeah. I'm with you. A quick comment in a rap battle...hilarious...but Paige coming out and saying "I'm such a dirty, dirty girl!" is...bad. It's probably demeaning to her and completely unnecessary tbh.

I'm well on board with a quick comment at some point and the 'My career hasn't been the most stable..' bit but don't turn her sex tapes into her THING. Let her try and escape it.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Yeah well if she doesn't bring it up and address it the crowd sure will to the point it will overshadow anything she does.

Then say something about having a rocky start or needed time to refocus or something.

“I’m a dirty, dirty girl!� Really? You can’t be serious

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Friday odds for No Mercy:

Lesnar over Strowman
Alexa even over everyone (rest are equal)
Jordan even over Miz
Reigns even over Cena
Bálor over Wyatt
Ambrose & Rollins over Sheamus & Cesaro

So no favourites outside the logical ones.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Lesnar? really? ****ing hell

hoping the smart money puts that to bed.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Right so its okay for Xavier to own it and make off the cuff remarks, but heaven forbid a woman does the same thing.

It wasn’t even Xavier making the comment. The Usos used it against him.

M.C.G. got there first. Beyond that, the Usos brought it in as an off the cup bar in their rap battle with the New Day and the WWE omitted it from the YouTube segment of the rap battle. I can't remember if it was also omitted from the replays on WWE Network or Hulu. Clearly it wasn't a line approved by Creative.

Reactions: sheriff bart

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
M.C.G. got there first. Beyond that, the Usos brought it in as an off the cup bar in their rap battle with the New Day and the WWE omitted it from the YouTube segment of the rap battle. I can't remember if it was also omitted from the replays on WWE Network or Hulu. Clearly it wasn't a line approved by Creative.

I really think theres zero chance the Usos would make a comment like that on TV unless it was cleared.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I really think theres zero chance the Usos would make a comment like that on TV unless it was cleared.

You're right, SeidoN, I misremembered, in part. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...-smackdown-battle-rap-wasnt-known-by-the-new/

"Although the producers of the segment requested both teams send in their rhymes for the script, only The New Day obliged. The Usos showed theirs to one producer, but made a point to not let The New Day see their bars, which referenced a salacious story involving Woods."

Reactions: sheriff bart

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I wasn't referring to the Usos, I was thinking about his twitter comments about it being chilly that night and other things before deleting then making jokes later about having to delete it.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I wasn't referring to the Usos, I was thinking about his twitter comments about it being chilly that night and other things before deleting then making jokes later about having to delete it.

again thats a far cry from your suggestion

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

You’re comparing one joke on Twitter to your idea of having Paige go in front of the world, on live TV, and telling everyone she likes sex and likes to go up up down down, baby? Are you serious right now? :squint:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
You’re comparing one joke on Twitter to your idea of having Paige go in front of the world, on live TV, and telling everyone she likes sex and likes to go up up down down, baby? Are you serious right now? :squint:

I don't know, Vince is probably on board with this idea. :laugh:

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014

Yeah and the alternative to when she tries to cut a promo and the crowd heckles her non stop? Ignore it? Good luck with that. Cry? Tell everyone she's misunderstood? Play the good girl and say she's back on track just so the crowd can make fun of her more?

The best way to take the steam out of it would be by stepping up and meeting it head on and letting everyone know what happened doesn't bother her.

Hell she might as well be introduced by the New Day that way she can comment on Xavier's shortcomings and how she prefers driving a BMW. :P

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah and the alternative to when she tries to cut a promo and the crowd heckles her non stop? Ignore it? Good luck with that. Cry? Tell everyone she's misunderstood? Play the good girl and say she's back on track just so the crowd can make fun of her more?

The best way to take the steam out of it would be by stepping up and meeting it head on and letting everyone know what happened doesn't bother her.

Hell she might as well be introduced by the New Day that way she can comment on Xavier's shortcomings and how she prefers driving a BMW. :P

I really, seriously doubt they're going to heckle her. It was six months ago and people loved Paige beforehand. That's not going to change. She's received nothing but support on social media throughout it all and people have been constantly worrying about HER and her unhealthy look and relationship with Alberto since she's been gone.

And even if they do... it's wrestling. It happens. You power through it, or respond tastefully -- not with "yeah, I'm a ****, up up down down, baby." That's just dumb and adds fuel to the fire.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I bet most fans would be too embarrassed to legitimately heckle her over the sex tape stuff. Those types of heckles are not going to be something people are going to want to shout with thousands of people are around. They may heckle her over ADR like they've done to every other woman who has dated a wrestler but that's ignored as it should be because it does no good to acknowledge it.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Friday odds for No Mercy:

Lesnar over Strowman
Alexa even over everyone (rest are equal)
Jordan even over Miz
Reigns even over Cena
Bálor over Wyatt
Ambrose & Rollins over Sheamus & Cesaro

So no favourites outside the logical ones.
Nio real changes yet, but they've added the cruiserweight match to the board.

Neville over Enzo

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
id the odds are true, this went from a show with no matches im that interested in, to a show with nothing I wanna watch lol

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's WWE. The last thing you should care about are results 'cos they book like idiots, just enjoy the matches for being matches and it's way more fun. Treat it like going to a random local indy, except with high production costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad