WWE: Raw and Smackdown Part 4 - The Paul Levesque Era

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
That was the only credit though. They didn't credit anyone else.

It's just another example of how HHH wants to make sure everyone knows this is his show.

At least when Vince wasn't in character he was completely invisible.

HHH has to make everything about him. Whether it's the WrestleMania main event celebration, the Raw after mania opening, the king of the ring presentations, now we're going to be reminded at the end of every show that it's the HHH show.
1727027254586.png

Reactions: Fro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That was the only credit though. They didn't credit anyone else.

It's just another example of how HHH wants to make sure everyone knows this is his show.

At least when Vince wasn't in character he was completely invisible.

HHH has to make everything about him. Whether it's the WrestleMania main event celebration, the Raw after mania opening, the king of the ring presentations, now we're going to be reminded at the end of every show that it's the HHH show.
I think that’s being done intentionally specifically to highlight that this isn’t Vince’s show anymore.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Everybody's talking about how great that Cody/Roman promo was, but I honestly feel like they weren't really trying to "Try something new" and more just wanted to do a taped segment so they didn't have to put their two top faces in front of fans and make them choose.

Felt like they were basically trying to avoid fans turning on one or the other.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Everybody's talking about how great that Cody/Roman promo was, but I honestly feel like they weren't really trying to "Try something new" and more just wanted to do a taped segment so they didn't have to put their two top faces in front of fans and make them choose.

Felt like they were basically trying to avoid fans turning on one or the other.
THANK YOU! I'm not crazy.

It was fine, production wise they did a killer job, but overall it was a cop out.

Also, I still cant stand Cody Rhodes so the segments with him start in the negative to me anyway

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It’s probably a bit of both because that’s an awful lot of production to go through just to not do it in front of fans.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
It’s probably a bit of both because that’s an awful lot of production to go through just to not do it in front of fans.

I don't think they mind doing that. Especially for the two biggest names in the company, and especially because they both have strong ties to Georgia.

But I also think they probably gauged the "WTF do we do?" reaction of the fans from a couple weeks ago when they were trading barbs with one another and decided they didn't want to pit fans against one another.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think they mind doing that. Especially for the two biggest names in the company, and especially because they both have strong ties to Georgia.

But I also think they probably gauged the "WTF do we do?" reaction of the fans from a couple weeks ago when they were trading barbs with one another and decided they didn't want to pit fans against one another.
There’s only so many times you can put those 2 guys in the ring and just talk.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
There’s only so many times you can put those 2 guys in the ring and just talk.

They put the same people in the ring to talk all the time lol. They've only done it once with Roman and Cody both as faces.

I don't think they have any plans for Roman and Cody to go at each other in the near future and are basically trying to skate through this without damaging either's following as a face. (Probably Cody)

The question would be, why even put Roman/Cody together if you're worried about fans turning on one. My guess would be the overall direction is that Cody is being teamed with Roman to stir up shit with KO, Randy, and maybe even Seth.

What's funny is they really have a ton of directions they could go for Wrestlemania. Cody vs. Rock. Cody vs. Roman. Cody vs. Randy. Cody vs. Seth. Roman vs. Rock. Roman vs. Seth. Roman vs. Jacob. Roman vs. Solo.

There's eight different potential main event matches all with significant story behind them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad