WWE: Raw and Smackdown Part 4 - The Paul Levesque Era

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Ya I'm glad they've been relatively protective of him not defending with bullshit W's. It got sickening with Roman, who was big enough to have the credibility to pick up a clean win regularly.

Not sure I like them doing Sami/Gunther this early though. Think Gunther should've been built as unbeatable for a few more months and then face Sami as the guy that's beat him.
I think they're doing Sami because they're going to give Gunther his win back after the match at Wrestlemania.

I expect a redo of that match, except this time there is no heroic comeback and Gunther turns him into paste.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
S1jrQ.jpg

@Kairi Zaide

• Wow
Reactions: Kairi Zaide

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Walter has been incredible. He's getting even more confident which is SCARY.

On Monday when he brought up Bill Goldberg, he was legit trying not to crack when he said that. You could see a hilarious smirk on Bret too.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It's kinda too bad both Jey and Sami have to be used as cannon fodder for Gunther and Breaker.

Idk how many more title programs you can give Jey leading to another L. Maybe that's the plan is to build off that to Mania season and give him his first big singels title win.

Same, should win a world title some day. I guess it's the same story as Jey, "can't get the big win done" that they hopefully capitalize post Gunther reign, cause Gunther shouldn't be losing for a bit.

I'm sick of long title Reigns but Breaker and Gunthet literally just won the titles. No chance they do or should be dropping them for a few months.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Walter has been incredible. He's getting even more confident which is SCARY.

On Monday when he brought up Bill Goldberg, he was legit trying not to crack when he said that. You could see a hilarious smirk on Bret too.
That was fun. Bret cracked because he knew what was coming and Gunther cracked because Bret cracked.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It's kinda too bad both Jey and Sami have to be used as cannon fodder for Gunther and Breaker.

Idk how many more title programs you can give Jey leading to another L. Maybe that's the plan is to build off that to Mania season and give him his first big singels title win.

Same, should win a world title some day. I guess it's the same story as Jey, "can't get the big win done" that they hopefully capitalize post Gunther reign, cause Gunther shouldn't be losing for a bit.

I'm sick of long title Reigns but Breaker and Gunthet literally just won the titles. No chance they do or should be dropping them for a few months.
Jey and Sami are the vets now, putting younger guys over.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

These are the "Problems" you have to deal with when you've created a shit-ton of stars. Eventually they've gotta go up against each other, and somebody's gotta lose. Jey and Sami are good babyfaces who will sell merch, but Gunther and Bron are gonna be main eventing multiple Wrestlemanias.

End of the day, Jey is still selling a f*** ton of merch even if he's putting these guys over, and we still haven't even really gotten a full fan backlash demanding a push, like what LA Knight got last year.

And I think they also figure Jey can eat some L's right now because even if he loses steam, he's likely going to end up back in the Bloodline angle soon. Sami might, too.

Jey and Sami are the vets now, putting younger guys over.

Sami is 3 years older than Gunther lol.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
These are the "Problems" you have to deal with when you've created a shit-ton of stars. Eventually they've gotta go up against each other, and somebody's gotta lose. Jey and Sami are good babyfaces who will sell merch, but Gunther and Bron are gonna be main eventing multiple Wrestlemanias.

End of the day, Jey is still selling a f*** ton of merch even if he's putting these guys over, and we still haven't even really gotten a full fan backlash demanding a push, like what LA Knight got last year.

And I think they also figure Jey can eat some L's right now because even if he loses steam, he's likely going to end up back in the Bloodline angle soon. Sami might, too.

Sami is 3 years older than Gunther lol.
This is exactly it.

Reactions: Emperoreddy

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
The other thing is, you can go longer with your babyfaces losing when the audience has good faith in the booker.

People figured out Vince. Knew what Vince liked and looked for. They eventually gave up on the Zack Ryder's and Dolph Ziggler's of the world because they knew Vince was never gonna get behind them.

Fans have a lot more faith in Triple H, which affords him their patience.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

Samis run with the IC title was stale after 2 weeks. Everyone could see that he was a transitional champion.

Sami with the WC title would be the same. Everyone would be excited that he won, but two weeks later and everyone would be bored of it. Sami doesn't have the drawing power as someone like Drew, Seth or even Breaker.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The other thing is, you can go longer with your babyfaces losing when the audience has good faith in the booker.

People figured out Vince. Knew what Vince liked and looked for. They eventually gave up on the Zack Ryder's and Dolph Ziggler's of the world because they knew Vince was never gonna get behind them.

Fans have a lot more faith in Triple H, which affords him their patience.
A freshness factor that absolutely plays into things. Good call. f*** Triple H, but I think he has earned that trust you mention. I also like that after the big shows he gets up there and sort of plays the HHH character to the media but also plays the role of business exec/leader in the same sentence.

R-Truth is a funny funny dude. If you know you know
Can't believe he was not only adding comments on that, but the content of his comments LOL

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It's a DAMNED sight better than ESPN's First Take. Hell, at least Get Up mentioned Gaudreau's death. I guess Sassy(Stephen A. Smith)and the rest of the gang of idiots didn't get in enough talk about the Dallas Cowboys and all of the regular faves they have. Yes, I'm bitter and I don't give a damn.
Meant to post this earlier but in addition to the whole segment being much better and longer than you'd expect from WWE, but it kind of sold me on Joe Tessitore. I feel his sports background gives an impression of him as a great storyteller, which is really important in this business.

Reactions: ckg927

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Just got half decent tickets to Survivor Series in Vancouver. I was expecting them to be expensive but holy shit some of the listed prices out there seem to be aimed at Saudi royalty. I’ve never been to a televised WWE event otherwise I probably would have passed on it!

Otherwise, I’m stoked

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Just got half decent tickets to Survivor Series in Vancouver. I was expecting them to be expensive but holy shit some of the listed prices out there seem to be aimed at Saudi royalty. I’ve never been to a televised WWE event otherwise I probably would have passed on it!

Otherwise, I’m stoked
I just got tickets today to Nick Cave at the Queen E in May.

Reactions: Grackle Party

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad