WWE: Raw and Smackdown Part 4 - The Paul Levesque Era

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Stephanie Vaquer/DELTA time.

As bad as PFC is as a name, the new NXT one, Fatal Influence is one of the better ones.
Maybe. But it's NXT's version of Three People Looking For An Effective Gimmick. This is Jacy Jayne's...what, THIRD shift of character? Fallon's been drifting since she, Brooks & Josh ended their group. Jazmyn's not done that much so far.

I think they did. There has been some talk that Smackdown is moving to 3 hours
Not THIS Friday, it isn't.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Jackie Redmond is such a pro.
Jackie said on social media that that segment was one of the hardest things she's ever done on TV. How she got through that without bawling her eyes out is beyond me; you could clearly hear her trying to get the words out at least once.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
All the physical attributes and Cargill and Bel Air are just boring and robotic in the ring.

I think at some point Bianca was talking about how she didn't want to go heel and wanted to be the women's John Cena.

I don't think some of these people talking about how they wanna be Cena realize he's an all time great promo and they're not. Bianca's not terrible on the mic, but she's nothing special.

I only watch YouTube clips, but I have to say that Gunther is a top talent from what I’ve seen in the last few months.

20 years of conditioning people to think the heel is supposed to be cool has a generation of wrestling fans crying because they don't like him.

... Good?

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think at some point Bianca was talking about how she didn't want to go heel and wanted to be the women's John Cena.

I don't think some of these people talking about how they wanna be Cena realize he's an all time great promo and they're not. Bianca's not terrible on the mic, but she's nothing special.

20 years of conditioning people to think the heel is supposed to be cool has a generation of wrestling fans crying because they don't like him.

... Good?
I don't speak for everyone one obviously, but i f***ing love Gunther for this reason.

On paper, he should be a flop character wise. A big, brooding snobby wrestling "purist" who at points derided the business for not focusing on what matters is something that feels like it was ripped out of the 80s/90s.

But he makes it work very well. He's just an enormous asshole heel that unlike most WWE heel booking in the last 20 years can actually put his money where his mouth is and beat people clean. Helps that he has a generational presence/aura too.

Loved watching the guy ever since i stumbled on a highlight reel someone made of his work in the mid 10s. Who doesn't like watching him cave chests in with his chops?

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I don't speak for everyone one obviously, but i f***ing love Gunther for this reason.

On paper, he should be a flop character wise. A big, brooding snobby wrestling "purist" who at points derided the business for not focusing on what matters is something that feels like it was ripped out of the 80s/90s.

But he makes it work very well. He's just an enormous asshole heel that unlike most WWE heel booking in the last 20 years can actually put his money where his mouth is and beat people clean. Helps that he has a generational presence/aura too.

Loved watching the guy ever since i stumbled on a highlight reel someone made of his work in the mid 10s. Who doesn't like watching him cave chests in with his chops?

Ya I'm glad they've been relatively protective of him not defending with bullshit W's. It got sickening with Roman, who was big enough to have the credibility to pick up a clean win regularly.

Not sure I like them doing Sami/Gunther this early though. Think Gunther should've been built as unbeatable for a few more months and then face Sami as the guy that's beat him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad