Value of: Rasmussen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
He had 29 points in 56 games last season before getting injured. He was a performing nicely and looked like he was ready to break out before injury.

I like Rasmussen.

If you trade him for futures, the player you draft with that pick won't be anywhere near as good. I expect to see Ras as a .5 ppg player. He's nearing that this season despite not performing like he did last season.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
And plays like he's 5-9 170. Mobile is a stretch but his skating is passable for his size. He's been given multiple opportunities as a net front guy and failed to deliver. At 24 he's pretty close to reaching the apex of his development curve
Yamamoto plays with more jam so you are right.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I don't see the point in moving him unless someone is overpaying. He's disappointed but he looks like he'll be a solid bottom six player. He contributes at even strength as others have mentioned. Why move him for something like a mid round pick? Pointless.

LOL at saying “unless someone is overpaying” then the very next comment is “solid bottom 6 player”.

There should seriously be ground rules for saying “unless someone is overpaying”. It’s off the rails. So daft.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
LOL at saying “unless someone is overpaying” then the very next comment is “solid bottom 6 player”.

There should seriously be ground rules for saying “unless someone is overpaying”. It’s off the rails. So daft.
We’ve seen quite a bit of teams ‘overpaying’ for younger, term/cost controlled, bottom 6 players the past couple years.

Reactions: LarKing

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

Why would we move a solid bottom six player for a mid round pick? We're trying to make the playoffs now.

I'm not saying he's worth a high pick by any means, I'm saying there's no point in moving him unless someone is going to pay more than he's worth (ie overpaying). I don't think I said anything crazy by any means but sure go off :rolleyes:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
We’ve seen quite a bit of teams ‘overpaying’ for younger, term/cost controlled, bottom 6 players the past couple years.
Dude wants a rule made over a basic comment. It's not like bottom 6 forwards get overpaid for every single TDL. Wait...

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Right now Ras isn't much better than Sheahan.
.5 ppg the past 82 games played. Currently +8 this season while Compher who is -2 only had 7 more points, Comp gets more ice time and PP time. Everyone admits Ras had a rough slow start. He is quietly getting points - did you see that sweet pass to Walman tonight? Sheahan never did that... hell, he never got points.

I think you have biased discontentment towards him.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
It is crazy. A lot of legitimate trade discussion involves trading positions of strength to bolster weaker areas. Then you have meme-able cliches like the one you just trotted out. “Not unless it’s an overpay”...yeah sure. Hold out for a top 6 player with your “solid” bottom sixer.

Thanks for the entertainment.😂
you're just making stuff up. no one said anything about trading our bottom 6 player for a top 6 player. they said it doesn't make sense to trade our nhl player for a mid round pick that has like a 10% chance of becoming an nhler 6 years from now.

the only person overvaluing Rasmussen in this thread is the OP, most RW fans said that he isn't worth a 1st.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
It is crazy. A lot of legitimate trade discussion involves trading positions of strength to bolster weaker areas. Then you have meme-able cliches like the one you just trotted out. “Not unless it’s an overpay”...yeah sure. Hold out for a top 6 player with your “solid” bottom sixer.

Thanks for the entertainment.😂

It's crazy to say I don't want to move a player for a mid round pick when we're pushing for a playoff spot? I'm not holding out for him to be anything more than he already is. What's so wrong with wanting to keep a bottom six player? This is the strangest hill to die on but alright. Hope your day/night gets better.

you're just making stuff up. no one said anything about trading our bottom 6 player for a top 6 player. they said it doesn't make sense to trade our nhl player for a mid round pick that has like a 10% chance of becoming an nhler 6 years from now.

the only person overvaluing Rasmussen in this thread is the OP, most RW fans said that he isn't worth a 1st.
Yeah I don't get it either. One of the more strange interactions I've had on this site but to each their own.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
It's crazy to say I don't want to move a player for a mid round pick when we're pushing for a playoff spot? I'm not holding out for him to be anything more than he already is. What's so wrong with wanting to keep a bottom six player? This is the strangest hill to die on but alright. Hope your day/night gets better.

Yeah I don't get it either. One of the more strange interactions I've had on this site but to each their own.

Dying on this hill. LOL. Nice try.

Good luck flipping your "solid" bottom sixer.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Dying on this hill. LOL. Nice try.

Good luck flipping your "solid" bottom sixer.

Please tell me what is so wrong with wanting to keep a player. It's not like I came in here saying he's some stud or worth crazy value. If the opportunity came up to get a good deal for him, then sure I'd probably want us to take it. I don't know why you're taking such offense to what I said.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
.5 ppg the past 82 games played. Currently +8 this season while Compher who is -2 only had 7 more points, Comp gets more ice time and PP time. Everyone admits Ras had a rough slow start. He is quietly getting points - did you see that sweet pass to Walman tonight? Sheahan never did that... hell, he never got points.

I think you have biased discontentment towards him.

Why would I have biased discontentment with him?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Keeping this pertinent to thread, no hijacking...

Let's say Rangers exploit Oil who need structural cap reform for flexibility.
No takers for soup
Let's say they do big package, incl multiple smaller deals, not getting into that now, end of that trail = Nurse to nyr at half, = shade over 4 per long term.

What do you offer for Nurse at half?
w/w'out further retention from NY? [specify how much]

again to be rules compliant, include Ras in yr return

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

Rasmussen is definitely worth a 1st and more. He’s a very good even strength point producer in the bottom 6 who plays a solid defensive game and PKs. He also has years of team control left. Odds of getting a player as good as Rasmussen with a late first are pretty terrible.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Would Detroit move him? If so, what would be the cost? A 1st?
He’s worth more than people would think, who just stare at stats. Don’t think they have any intentions of trading him, unless it nets them a legit Top 6 C with term. Then I could see him in that type of a package. The last thing they need is getting rid of a player who wins battles, and plays in the tough areas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad