Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 2- D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
There is so little upside that coincides with Dahlin's skill set that can be associated with PK minutes, and PK minutes make any player that plays them more tired for more important ones.

It's still a no-thanks from me.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
There is so little upside that coincides with Dahlin's skill set that can be associated with PK minutes, and PK minutes make any player that plays them more tired for more important ones.

It's still a no-thanks from me.
I’d want my franchise player to practice all situations when the season is lost. Good investment for the future even though I agree he shouldn’t be the first choice on the pk the coming seasons.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Count me in the "don't need to use him on the PK" side of things, outside of those rare 10-15 second remaining draw situations where his ability to get the puck up the ice in transition could be very useful.

Reactions: GellMann

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I have to agree with others... There's no downside at this point to get Rasmus some cross training. He doesn't have to be your go to guy next season but it's almost silly to not get him some experience and the knowledge may help his 5v5 game. With absolutely nothing to lose.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Let him try it 1 or 2 games, but don't make it a regular thing the rest of the season.
He must be gassed playing the schedule, don't force injuries.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Im not even gonna say the point total that is possible for him next year...
giphy.gif

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
He did it. 3rd ever dman in NHL history to reach 40 points in his age 18 season. With how few dmen even make the NHL at age 18 it may be another 36 seasons before it happens again for the 4th time in the 100+ year history of the league.

But right, Dahlin doing something that has been done twice in history, first since the early 80s isn't a generational player :sarcasm:

Dahlin is going to be scoring 70+ by the time he is allowed to legally drink.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
I'll reiterate what I said in the 40p thread on the main boards. The past 5 seasons before this one, only 28 teams out of 151 teams have scored less than the Sabres so far this season. "Scoring is up" my ass, if anything he's at a disadvantage and 40 points is all the more of an accomplishment.

Reactions: La Cosa Nostra

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
He did it. 3rd ever dman in NHL history to reach 40 points in his age 18 season. With how few dmen even make the NHL at age 18 it may be another 36 seasons before it happens again for the 4th time in the 100+ year history of the league.

But right, Dahlin doing something that has been done twice in history, first since the early 80s isn't a generational player :sarcasm:

Dahlin is going to be scoring 70+ by the time he is allowed to legally drink.
I'll reiterate what I said in the 40p thread on the main boards. The past 5 seasons before this one, only 28 teams out of 151 teams have scored less than the Sabres so far this season. "Scoring is up" my ass, if anything he's at a disadvantage and 40 points is all the more of an accomplishment.

Yeah I was about to say sure, Dahlin could score 70, but he's going to have to be on a more talented roster pretty soon.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Yeah I was about to say sure, Dahlin could score 70, but he's going to have to be on a more talented roster pretty soon.
Eichel Nylander Reinhart Skinner Dahlin Powerplay, ya that’s more than enough talent. Erik Karlsson was putting up monster numbers on those Ottawa teams for years.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Eichel Nylander Reinhart Skinner Dahlin Powerplay, ya that’s more than enough talent. Erik Karlsson was putting up monster numbers on those Ottawa teams for years.

Dahlin's offensive skills are not in the same stratosphere as peak Karlsson's were though.

Not yet at least.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
One game left. Rasmus sitting at 42 points which is incredible as an 18 year old dman on a mediocre offensive team.

Dahlin should win the Calder. 42 points as an 18 year old D is harder and so much more rare then a .9 ppg as a rookie. Many rookies have put up 65+ points in a season. And EP was not even in his D+1. 40+ at 18 for a D man has been done twice in the last 60 years before Dahlin.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
One game left. Rasmus sitting at 42 points which is incredible as an 18 year old dman on a mediocre offensive team.

Dahlin should win the Calder. 42 points as an 18 year old D is harder and so much more rare then a .9 ppg as a rookie. Many rookies have put up 65+ points in a season. And EP was not even in his D+1. 40+ at 18 for a D man has been done twice in the last 60 years before Dahlin.
mediocre? :laugh:
Housley can't teach offense, at least with this team.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Erik didn’t top 40 points until his 20 year old D+3 season(2nd NHL season) with a similar offensive team(Ottawa scored less).

Reactions: Chainshot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad