Rask uncursed! The end is near! Bruins win 3-1

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
MT was fuming after the game. The guy really hates Chucky. lol

It's his first year at center in the league and it was his first time as number one center on the Top line, playing against the best lines of other teams. Give the kid a break.

It's Therrien's fault he didn't play him sooner at center early on. We kept saying why doesn't MT play him center, why doesn't he play him center. It took this year where they sort of officially said he would play center during the summer and it felt like an organization decision to force MT's hand cause he would never have played him there.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Since when THIS year = 4 years? People didn't want DD with Max this year. At the start of the year, they were not playing together...everybody was happy. Where was your 4 years then? But THIS year, they come back...EVERYBODY panic...and it lasted 2 games. That's the panic I'M referring to.

It wasn't panic buddy, it was disgust and annoyance. I don't want to see DD with Patches for one shift. I don't need to. Imagine if we brought back Bouillon and put him on the PP. Heck, maybe he would score a goal on his first shift, it wouldn't matter. He should not be there.
It's the same with DD-Patches to a lesser extent. We don't need to see this.
If Plek is injured, okay, maybe I can get that. Until then, no.
You don't forego of 4 previous years and just focus on 2 games. That doesn't make any sense. It's because of those 4 years that people reacted so vividly.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Changing lines happens everytime for every team. Whether it's because coaches want to change things around. Whether it's because of injuries. Lines changes everytime. Yet, in Montreal, it happens for 2 games and boom...end of the world. We will never be the same team because of those 2 games. Sorry, it doesn't make sense. Keep bad lines for 10 games, yeah sure. 2 games? Even if you will say that it's those 4 points that made us miss the playoffs....I can TOTALLY show you maybe 10 to 20 points when the goalie made us miss the playoffs....or Emelin....or whatever. Depending of the point you have to make, there is always tons of points to find out that this player you hate, that coach you hate, or that line you hate was responsible of. Subban has how many goals this year? How many times did this guy miss the net? Can we say he,s also responsible for 2, 4, 6 points missing because of how bad he was at shooting? Etc.

Teams don't usually break up ppg duos when their depth is also on fire.
Plek-Patch was scoring at ppg, DD's line was coming back down to earth but still effective, Galch's line was on fire. To top it all off, the team was winning.
Usually, teams don't change lines when things were going as well.
But Therrien decided otherwise and we lost. So I don't your ''keep bad lines for 10 games. Sure.''..

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
and I know what caused our demise.

The Olé olé being sang with 18 minutes (and again with 14 minutes) remaining in the third with a 1-0 lead. That's just asking for it...

It was my first time being at a habs-bruins game and I was in the molson ex zone and I'm really surprised at the lack of energy in the crowd. Maybe it's because it was on a weekday, but I was really looking forward to a crazy crowd, but it was super calm.

Eyetest: Pacioretty and Subban were horrible and have been for several games now. Patch has no intensity and seems really lazy. When was the last time he carried the puck in the o-zone and snapped one in? The last one I remember was against Bernier in the first game. Subban can't seem to find open shooting lanes and is so predictable. No one seems to block the opposing goalies view (Miss you Gally). A lot of shots were just gloved out of mid air by Rask without any problem.

Hopefully Hudon and Tinordi get a game in order to shake things up while we wait for the injured to heal

I was at the game too, I agree. As much as players say Bell Center is the place to play, it's really not that entertaining and as lively as you'd think.
I went to a game in 07-08 I believe, when there was a switch after the lockout and people just seemed to crave hockey even a few years after it. The Bell center was insane. I was sitting just outside the Molson Ex zone that time and remembered man, that's the place to sit. I got tickets for Molzon Ex zone yesterday and was nowhere near the level of energy it used to have.
Not sure if you noticed but looking down there was so many empty seats in reds.
Around the Kovalev era, you couldn't see an empty seat anywhere, let alone 7-8 of them in a row.

I was a bit disappointed. That said, it wasn't the most exciting game either.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Teams don't usually break up ppg duos when their depth is also on fire.
Plek-Patch was scoring at ppg, DD's line was coming back down to earth but still effective, Galch's line was on fire. To top it all off, the team was winning.
Usually, teams don't change lines when things were going as well.
But Therrien decided otherwise and we lost. So I don't your ''keep bad lines for 10 games. Sure.''..

But there is a difference between "We lost because we changed the lines that were working" and "We are going down the hill since the moment he changed the lines because chemistry will NEVER be able to exist EVER AGAIN".

I can TOTALLY give you the first one. We ****ed up a winning lineup. Yep. I could even give you the "we lost because of it". But the dooming we're done forever because he changed the lines? Nope. Sorry.

And yeah, even if we lost those games because of those stupid lineup changes, there's also plenty of examples of Therrien being lucky enough so that his changes gave us some wins too. The whole win some/lose some can apply to that as well. Thing is, when people keep saying that we should not have made any chances 'cause ALL THE LINES WERE WORKING WELL was simply not true. The DD line was bad. And still is to this day. At least, that didn't change.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
But there is a difference between "We lost because we changed the lines that were working" and "We are going down the hill since the moment he changed the lines because chemistry will NEVER be able to exist EVER AGAIN".

I can TOTALLY give you the first one. We ****ed up a winning lineup. Yep. I could even give you the "we lost because of it". But the dooming we're done forever because he changed the lines? Nope. Sorry.

I have not read all the posts, so maybe I missed some, but I have not read anybody say this. I wouldn't agree with any of this anyways.
I think it was stupid to change the lines when he did. If Galch has a similar game, I'd expect Plek-Patch to be reunited for saturday, and we'd be right back where we were.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just how big is that Condon 5-hole?

vk7c3.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad