Rask Interview from Sportsnet

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Interesting read as Tuukka discusses various subjects such as the changes made during the offseason, how many starts he wants and 3-on-3 OT.

from sportsnet.ca:

What did you make of all the Bruins’ off-season changes?
It was bound to happen. Everybody expected us to make some changes. It’s sad to see Looch [Milan Lucic] gone and Soupy [Gregory Campbell] gone and a bunch of other people. These things happen nowadays. Teams change, and you have to deal with it. We’re going to have a great team out there, so it’s exciting.

So Johnny Boychuk leaves one summer and Dougie Hamilton the next. Boston is leaking top defencemen. Is part of you thinking, Hey, help me out here?
Not really. Losing Johnny was a big blow. I don’t think we realized how big he was until we saw him gone. He was with us until training camp. The trade happened last second. It was really frustrating for all of us, and everybody knows how good of a player he is now. We’ve got so many good, young D’s coming up that I’ll think we’ll be set.

From a goalie’s perspective, what did the Bruins lose and the Flames gain in Dougie Hamilton?
He’s really a skilled offensive, big guy. The first year he was trying to find his way in the defensive zone, and last year he got really good at it. You could tell he matured a lot and felt comfortable out there. He can play defence, but he’s really got that offensive side to him too.

Full interview: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...huk-malcolm-subban-tennis-3-on-3-qa/?shawct=1

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
it will never stop blowing my mind how completely clueless management was about the value of Johnny Boychuk.

rickizbruin

Feb 7, 2010
ONTARIO
Like Tuka's take on the changes ... "We’re going to have a great team out there, so it’s exciting."

Johhny B has been gone for a year.. the guy that traded him is also gone... No point in dwelling.

Derick Sanderson should have stayed a bruin .. and not moved on to the WHL..
Bobby Orr should have stayed a bruin and not gone to Chicago... hated seeing him in a Hawks jersey (although i must admit i love the jersey.. and great deal of respect for the hawks)
Cheevers should not have signed with the Cleveland Crusaders.... saw one game he played for them and just wasn't the same....

How long before we move on to this season... looking forward to some of the kids developing.. etc. time to look forward folks. or as Tuka said .... "We’ve got so many good, young D’s coming up that I’ll think we’ll be set."

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
At least Tuukka didn't sound off. I saw the thread title and thought 'ohh boyy'

I thought for sure there would be a virtual milk crate lobbed at someone's helmet, with Dougie Hamilton getting 3:2 odds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad