Ranking the Top 15 Eligible 4 Nations Goalies

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
1. Connor Hellebuyck-USA
2. Juuse Saros-FIN
3. Thatcher Demko-USA (Injuries may knock him down the list in coming months)
4. Jeremy Swaayman-USA
5. Jake Oettinger-USA
6. Linus Ullmark-SWE
7. Jacob Markstrom-SWE
8. Adin Hill-CAN
9. Stuart Skinner-CAN
10. Jordan Binnington-CAN
11. Joey Daccord-USA
12. Logan Thompson-CAN
13. Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen-FIN
14. Samuel Montembeault-CAN
15. Connor Ingram-CAN

Last edited:
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Demko is iffy (he's amazing but these injuries are concerning) and the US still have exceptional goaltending.lol

I want Sweden vs US and Swayman vs Ullmark!

Swedes are in great shape. So are the Finns as UPL seems to be rising!

Canada has a lot of great goalies to choose from .. a lot! Picking the right one will be hard IMO.

Skinner got to game 7 but his playoff stats aren't great.
Binnington didn't do great at World's and he was on a very strong team and none of the teams there were as good as the Finns/swedes/US will be.
I'd toss Ingrim in the mix for Canada personally.

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
Demko is iffy (he's amazing but these injuries are concerning) and the US still have exceptional goaltending.lol

I want Sweden vs US and Swayman vs Ullmark!

Swedes are in great shape. So are the Finns as UPL seems to be rising!

Canada has a lot of great goalies to choose from .. a lot! Picking the right one will be hard IMO.

Skinner got to game 7 but his playoff stats aren't great.
Binnington didn't do great at World's and he was on a very strong team and none of the teams there were as good as the Finns/swedes/US will be.
I'd toss Ingrim in the mix for Canada personally.
As a Canucks fan, immensely concerned about Demko, but he's been the backbone of a Canucks team for so long. Swayman has always had a great D-core in front of him and hasn't played a 45+ game season before. Those are the primarily the reasons I ranked Saros and Demko in front of him.

Seeing a Swayman vs Ullmark duel in TD Garden would be something else!

Feel like Canada's goalie situation gets overblown. Yes, they don't have a high-tier goalie right now, but they have a TON of volume when it comes to capable starters. It'll be interesting to see who they select.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
As a Canucks fan, immensely concerned about Demko, but he's been the backbone of a Canucks team for so long. Swayman has always had a great D-core in front of him and hasn't played a 45+ game season before. Those are the primarily the reasons I ranked Saros and Demko in front of him.

Seeing a Swayman vs Ullmark duel in TD Garden would be something else!

Feel like Canada's goalie situation gets overblown. Yes, they don't have a high-tier goalie right now, but they have a TON of volume when it comes to capable starters. It'll be interesting to see who they select.
Couldn't agree more with everything you wrote.

I'll add to Canada's goalie woes... They have several Stanley Cup Champions available to them...

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The worst you can have is a clear #1 that feels entitled to play and happens to be in less than stellar form during the tournament. All you really need is a hot goalie for 4 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad