Ranking Teams Prospects

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
When will we start seeing articles on which teams have the best prospects pool rankings?

With all the trades the Rangers did and adding this year’s draft prospects. I wonder if they crack top 5?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins are GARBAGE but if you count Donato & Bjork will probably get 6+ guys that play 246 games

I get to see a lot of Providence games and some college in and around 30+ Bruins games- i called DeBrusk Heinen McAvoy and even Grzelcyk and there’s another waive coming

Reactions: VancouverCanucks36

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Bruins are GARBAGE but if you count Donato & Bjork will probably get 6+ guys that play 246 games

I get to see a lot of Providence games and some college in and around 30+ Bruins games- i called DeBrusk Heinen McAvoy and even Grzelcyk and there’s another waive coming
Don’t forget about Jared Knight and Zach Senyshyn. I know you’ve liked both LOTS.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Offseason prospect ranking is always a little questionable. Because, do you really count guys like Svech snd Dahlin, who's first games after the draft are in the NHL?

Oilers technically had the "best prospect pool" the summer after they drafted McDavid but then they didn't again once the season started.

Just a weird thing about summer prospect rankings. Still fun.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Canucks and Sabres are 1 and 2. Then there's a gap and maybe flyers #3. Also in mix is Carolina, and islanders.

Say what now? What gap? Carter Hart is in the same tier as Petterson or Dahlin for respective positions.

Then the Flyers leap frog both teams with depth of prospects

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Don’t forget about Jared Knight and Zach Senyshyn. I know you’ve liked both LOTS.
Because I have a friendly relationship with a few of the fine folks over at the TD Garden due to my family’s 68 years season tickets (me since 83-84) had a conversation about Knight~ and the message told to me was from day 1 when he reported to DC with a high ankle sprain from the Memorial Cup he had trouble healing - tears and pulls just didn’t heal up - he had to wear a pump under his uniform trying to regulate whatever the process entails for diabetes. I always thought Cassidy hated him but I learned Cassidy said one day he’s flying and looks like a whirl beater the next sluggish and laboring through drills. He never knew what to expert. Not that I agree just what Cassidy apparently conveyed.

That’s what I got. He’s apparently no dummy and going to medical school so he when all is said and done his life may turn out ok.

Zach I was told by Providence personnel late March was doing great. I was a bit suprised to hear this but me and my daughter got a lengthy explanation what they were doing with him and the plan they mapped out.

I do like them a lot.

I’m a son, brothier, father, coach, teacher I root for all kids to succeed

Actually all people

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Without looking at every prospect pool, Jets are probably outside the top 10 for the first time in awhile. No 1st rounder and Roslovic being considered graduated by most people on here really hurts it.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Say what now? What gap? Carter Hart is in the same tier as Petterson or Dahlin for respective positions.

Now Im not sure there is much of a gap between the top 5 prospect pools, but I personally wouldn't categorize Carter Hart in the same tier as Dahlin and Pettersson. Goalies are too hard to predict these days.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Offseason prospect ranking is always a little questionable. Because, do you really count guys like Svech snd Dahlin, who's first games after the draft are in the NHL?

Oilers technically had the "best prospect pool" the summer after they drafted McDavid but then they didn't again once the season started.

Just a weird thing about summer prospect rankings. Still fun.
It is

It would be interesting who fans would put in their top 5 if that was a parameter to an expansion draft - signed or otherwise.

I play in a SIM with basically 31 other HF guys and I’ll screw around looking at each team to figure if I could only have 5 guys who do I take

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Buffalo has an average-below average prospect pool, if you don't count players becoming nhlers next season (Mittelstadt and Dahlin). I wouldn't include either of them as prospects, especially Dahlin. Dahlins always been a roster player, was just never old enough to play in the league.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

You can't project goalies so well. A goalie might be an absolute star until NHL and then flop horribly. Or the exact opposite.

I wouldn't really consider them. I'd have separate goalie prospect pool comparisons.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Calgary doesn't have that many defensive prospects (3 notable ones in Valimaki, Kylington, and Andersson), but they look to all be NHLers relatively soon, and I see two of these having a floor as a decent top 4d.

Lots of offense prospects, but idk if any of them really have top 6 potential. If I had to guess, Phillips could be a poor mans version of Gaudreau, but thats probably the best case scenario. Brad can't give away draft picks like candy anymore...

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
I think the Leafs would be rated in the bottom third of the teams. Where exactly depends to a considerable degree whether Kapanen, Dermott and Johnsson are still considered prospects. Not that a low rating is necessarily a bad thing when it is because so many young players have already become NHL regulars. The Jets are in a similar situation.

In passing, I think this board tends to underrate players who have matured in the AHL.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
my wild have dropped in the good prospect rankings after losing tuch to vegas , and trading away many picks. plus im not happy with this years 1st. but we still have #1 kaprizov (2 yrs out); greenway; kunin; sokolov ; belpedio ; khovanov (possible 3rd rnd steal). i'd guess we're 15th or so. ps 5th rnd s johansson looks better than 1st rnd filip johansson if you ask me. (both D).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad