Pre-Game Talk: RANGERS VS FLYERS (ROOKIE SERIES) SEPTEMBER 13 AND 14

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
is it time to buy low on othmann?

his stock has steadily fallen, a fading star..

lest we forget his calling card was compete - a pita pesty physical toe-the-line compete, the stuff that drags a team into the fight - with a hot wire shot that can beat nhl goalies.

for all our collective consternation about the inability of the D to break the puck out, and valid though it may be, there's also the low hum of thought that the Rangers are still lacking in that element. that they need a catalyst, not just someone to respond but someone to stir the drink.

Rempe is kind of that guy but how much can you achieve in 6min a game?

I dunno. maybe it's that damn optimism creeping back in. but Othmann could be what this team needs.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
One of the guys in the Flyers lineup is Sawyer Boulton--the older of the two Boulton brothers who played for the London Knights last year. They are both tough guys and the sons of Eric Boulton (originally drafted by the Rangers)--who was pretty much a 4th line enforcer 13th forward sometimes minor leaguer for several NHL teams. He was a seriously tough guy and was in the game opening face-off line brawl some years ago between the Rangers and Devils......Prust vs. Janssens---Bickel vs. Carter and Rupp vs. Boulton. Sawyer Boulton also is the guy who concussed McConnell-Barker last year which put BMB on the sidelines for quite a while and Boulton got a 10 game suspension from the OHL for that. I think he's on a tryout. He's 20 years old already and he wasn't a very good player by OHL standards. I think he had something like 5 points last year as a forward. That said he's strong as on ox and he can fight. There are probably AHL and/or ECHL teams interested in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad