Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign F Chris Bourque

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Let's get all the Bourques!

Another excellent signing by the Rangers for Hartford. They needed a winger and here he is.

Last edited:

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Good to see all these players for Hartford. It helps the whole organization when that team can be competitive on a nightly basis. Our prospects that played well last year did so with some stiffs, now they'll have guys who will push them to take their game up a notch, we hope.

SupersonicMonkey*

Was Ryan qualified? Can anyone confirm? I thought i read he was, but can't recall with 100% accuracy.

Nice sibbling reunion.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Very cool for Ryan, if nothing else. I think Chris had a baby last year or two years ago, so that's even better for the whole family.

Despite the depth being decimated on the Rangers yesterday, and that Glass signing :facepalm: Sather and co. did a very nice job improving the Hartford squad. Last season was an abomination without some good veterans down there. This season will be better.

So, there's that, at least?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
2 of Kampfer, Kostka, Hunwick on D

Dejardin 2 yr deal in Goal

Meuller and Bourque upfront.

Well CT is being taken care of atleast

BarbaraAlphanse

As BRF said, all indications point to prospects stepping in and earning their spots.

AHB*

Very cool for Ryan, if nothing else. I think Chris had a baby last year or two years ago, so that's even better for the whole family.

Despite the depth being decimated on the Rangers yesterday, and that Glass signing :facepalm: Sather and co. did a very nice job improving the Hartford squad. Last season was an abomination without some good veterans down there. This season will be better.

So, there's that, at least?

I don't buy season tickets to hear that Hartford won the calder.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I don't buy season tickets to hear that Hartford won the calder.

It's long-term investment. Kids like Kristo, Yogan, Jean, Hrivik, etc... etc... benefit supremely when they have good veterans to lean on.

In McDonagh's rookie year he constantly cited how important to his development having Redden in Hartford was.

Not to mention how winning is a habit. Hartford's success is only a good thing for the New York Rangers. It's Glen's job to build a winning foundation from top to bottom.

AHB*

It's long-term investment. Kids like Kristo, Yogan, Jean, Hrivik, etc... etc... benefit supremely when they have good veterans to lean on.

In McDonagh's rookie year he constantly cited how important to his development having Redden in Hartford was.

Not to mention how winning is a habit. Hartford's success is only a good thing for the New York Rangers. It's Glen's job to build a winning foundation from top to bottom.

It is his job. But that's not what I'm looking forward to. We completely lost our depth that got us to the finals yesterday. We replaced it with a bunch of losers.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
It is his job. But that's not what I'm looking forward to. We completely lost our depth that got us to the finals yesterday. We replaced it with a bunch of losers.

I definitely don't disagree. To play devil's advocate though, I think Glen's hands were pretty much tied.

We let go of a lot of depth to make sure we could sign players (our RFAs) that are simply more important to the success of this franchise than players like Boyle, Pouliot, and yes, even Stralman.

We can take this conversation to the 7/1 thread if you'd like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad