Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign C Bo Groulx (1 Year, $775k) and D Casey Fitzgerald (2 Years, $775k AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I could see Groulx playing well in Hartford and getting a look if there are a couple injuries. Or serving as the 13th forward under the same circumstances.

My fear with Fitzgerald is that while he kind of sucks, his game is not dissimilar from Ben Harpur, obvious size discrepancy aside. And they liked Harpur for whatever reason.
Tbh I don't hate Fitzgerald that much. Is he bad? ...yeah, kinda. But there are probably worse defensemen regularly playing.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if he got spot duty for injuries.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
While I like the signings they don't address the problem of having someone to run the PP to replace Hollowell and having a creative center who can drive some offense. I hope there are a few more signings to address these issues.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
It kind of was a big deal get with new coach Grant Potulny.....so best to have a good team there. We've made the playoffs two years in a row now with some playoff success for Hartford and it would be good to keep it going.

Next year's team could have:

Forwards--Brodzinski, Edstrom, Othmann, Berard, Sykora, Chmelar, Groulx, McConnell-Barker, Belzile, Blidh, Nash, Leschyshyn, Roobroek, Korczak, Vaisanen, Dufort.

Defense--Mancini, Harpur, Fitzgerald, Scanlin, Mackey, Robertson, Hillman, McCarthy, Siedem, Berger.

Goal--Garand, Domingue, Ollas, Boyko

A couple of the forwards could make the Rangers out of camp but it looks like a good mix of rookies, second year pros and vets all around and there are guys with extensive NHL experience for depth just in case and kids who could push for a look themselves. There's some toughness in the group. The one thing they're missing as of now is a D who can really run a power play.

Good list
Are we really thinking Rempe is a lock ?
Id prefer him up and down

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
While I like the signings they don't address the problem of having someone to run the PP to replace Hollowell and having a creative center who can drive some offense. I hope there are a few more signings to address these issues.

I'm not sure Brodzinski doesn't at least start the year in Hartford and Riley Nash is still there. The combination of Brodzinski being in the NHL and injuries to their vets were some of the Pack's downfall last year

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
How does one pronounce his name?
8vsyxu.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad