Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sabres -- 4/3/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Can you imagine the tire fire that would the this team if Adam Fox hadn't forced his way through 2 countries and 2 teams just to play for the Rangers? Lindgren wouldn't look this good. Right now we'd have Jacob "caveman" Trouba with KAM who is struggling at the moment as the top pairing. Then a buffet of highly under performing top forward picks. We'd be in line for another top 5 pick with no end in sight to the struggles of what is supposed to be our future championship core.

Without Fox, more people would be calling for this coach to be fired.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Can you imagine the tire fire that would the this team if Adam Fox hadn't forced his way through 2 countries and 2 teams just to play for the Rangers? Lindgren wouldn't look this good. Right now we'd have Jacob "caveman" Trouba with KAM who is struggling at the moment as the top pairing. Then a buffet of highly under performing top forward picks. We'd be in line for another top 5 pick with no end in sight to the struggles of what is supposed to be our future championship core.

I don't think there are more. The only people left defending Quinn are the people defending him just to have a gimmick.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
You're just not worth my time. It's the same old shtick and nothing is going to come from engaging in it.

You have absolutely nothing to add and no point to make. You just take a hard pro-Quinn stance to agitate.

Not surprised that you still don't understand my stance even though I have told you directly, multiple times.

Here it is for at least the third time:

In most cases, there is little difference between coaches. Maybe the third time will stick in your sometimes analytically based thoughts.

Anyway, I understand that when asked direct questions you often attack when you can't answer. I should be used to it, by now.

I do admit that I get a kick out of it when you can't answer, though.

Reactions: 9darter

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Coach Clown doing clown things again. What I don’t get is Kakko being demoted. He’s looked really good with Panarin and Strome, why are we demoting him? For Blackwell of all people.

While I don't agree with the move, Blackwell is putting up points at double the rate of Kakko. And they do need to score more.

Some people complaining that the youth isn't improving under Quinn while pounding the turf about how improved Kakko is.

Pretzels for everyone.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Not surprised that you still don't understand my stance even though I have told you directly, multiple times.

Here it is for at least the third time:

In most cases, there is little difference between coaches. Maybe the third time will stick in your sometimes analytically based thoughts.

Anyway, I understand that when asked direct questions you often attack when you can't answer. I should be used to it, by now.

I do admit that I get a kick out of it when you can't answer, though.
It's not that I don't get it. I just don't care.

It's glorified shitposting at this point.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
31 thoughts check it out.. rangers around 47 min mark or so....pretty much my thoughts on the Rangers.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

Jacob “Caveman” Trouba lmao

Reactions: Tob

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

More than 100%?

Reactions: Tob

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
The first post sounded negative this post sounded positive.
I see it as a positive. Hopefully next season we get some more help but it's nice to have two exceptional players on our team that can carry what everyone thought should be a bottom feeder team into somewhat being in the playoff picture. Throw in some better coaching and we can really start cooking.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I see it as a positive. Hopefully next season we get some more help but it's nice to have two exceptional players on our team that can carry what everyone thought should be a bottom feeder team into somewhat being in the playoff picture. Throw in some better coaching and we can really start cooking.

I'm not sure anyone thought we'd be a bottom feeder. I think the most pessimistic people thought we'd be where we are now.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
I'm not sure anyone thought we'd be a bottom feeder. I think the most pessimistic people thought we'd be where we are now.
Well, in the podcast they said we should have still been one of the worst teams in the league.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I thought and had said they would be contending for the division lead.....we simply have too much talent on this club for anything less but of course....who could have predicted how things started out with Mika /Covid-Tony saga...injuries....Panarin /Siberia issues ....Covid again....no club could survive that plus playing 4-5 guys that don't actually contribute very much . Taken all that into consideration....we might have over achieved so far . It is frustrating though watching big guys that play soft when we REALLY could use some big guy type of play every game or at least at certain points in a game that needs a redirection of sorts .

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I thought and had said they would be contending for the division lead.....we simply have too much talent on this club for anything less but of course....who could have predicted how things started out with Mika /Covid-Tony saga...injuries....Panarin /Siberia issues ....Covid again....no club could survive that plus playing 4-5 guys that don't actually contribute very much . Taken all that into consideration....we might have over achieved so far . It is frustrating though watching big guys that play soft when we REALLY could use some big guy type of play every game or at least at certain points in a game that needs a redirection of sorts .
For me, a guy like Kreider who is streaky in a lot of ways, could double his value by occasionally throwing his weight around. Not saying he needs to go all predator head hunter. Just an occasional strong word or meaningful hit. Guys like Kreider could give a lineup a little extra confidence. But obviously a tiger doesn’t change his stripes.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This might not be popular, but without Panarin the team maybe plays with more urgency, tightening up their game, playing more straight line. He's an elite player, but im beginning to think that he is a vortex that sucks the top guys into believing they all can play that style, and it's not one that is conducive to long term success
A completely different team w/o him. Not saying we WANT to be w/o him, but yeah. Almost as if they forget about how they "should play" as a full "team", and when he is on the ice its almost as if they are expecting his greatness, and become more like a consensus "fan", watching, observing and wanting to play UP to his level, which is obviously impossible to accomplish.
Only one other player can control the game like he does, maybe 2 on our Rangers. Dont have the 3rd anymore. But, I digress. Thats not allowed.

Reactions: will1066

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I dont think anyone is blaming the loss solely on Igor but it has become somewhat of a habit from him letting in back breakers late in the game.
Habit? Really? A habit? Just because it has happened a little more often than we woukd like, but how about NOT playing possum? How about defending better or getting the puck out of the zone better?
Only gave up the 2 with 29 shots. Not exactly softies. How about scoring more than 2 goals? Against Buffalo? Wow.

Reactions: CLW

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I thought we’d make the playoffs and it looks like we probably would have if we hadn’t lost panarin and Shesterkin for the time that we did

Reactions: Shesterkybomb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad