Larry Brooks: Rangers/Red Wings Trouba Talks Heating up, NYR would retain $2.5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Frankly this whole ordeal is why they should have just kept Trouba for this season and worried about it next year. Should have moved Lindgren, they wouldn’t be dealing with this shit

Gives Trouba another kick at the can and don’t have to deal with the NMC piece this time next year

Again, I’m going to laugh when all this goes down and Drury probably strikes out on the guy he wants with the space

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
Frankly this whole ordeal is why they should have just kept Trouba for this season and worried about it next year. Should have moved Lindgren, they wouldn’t be dealing with this shit

Gives Trouba another kick at the can and don’t have to deal with the NMC piece this time next year

Again, I’m going to laugh when all this goes down and Drury probably strikes out on the guy he wants with the space
There are more than a handful of better options available. He could strike out four times and still improve the roster considerably

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
The obvious place for Trouba is Buffalo.

No RHD in top 6.

Veteran leadership void.

Former coach — Ruff

Team that wants to make a splash and make the playoffs.

GM under fire — needs to make playoffs.

One of my few remaining good sources told me Sabres are a dead nuts match for Trouba. He doesn’t know if they are in on him but can’t believe they wouldn’t be.

Watch this closely.
Jokiharju and Clifton?

Also can't imagine Buffalo is not on his NTC.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Here’s the bottom line…

The Rangers seem intent on moving Trouba. That wound exists.

No matter how hard an ass Kurt Overholt is (and he is a well known hard ass) he knows there is a limited NT list and there is not a no movement clause. He negotiated the original contract.

The Rangers may choose to keep Trouba but they will not be forced to keep him. The Rangers hold the cards.

So…the odds are very long that Trouba is going to be playing somewhere else next year. The objective now for the player and the agent is to get Trouba somewhere he is willing to go.

Any questions?
The odds are very long that he IS going to be elsewhere? Or the odds are long that he’s not gonna be elsewhere?

It’s circumvention if every team ahead of SJS on the waiver priority list agreed to not put in a claim for Goodrow, and SJS agreed to give NYR some sort of consideration in the future. But that kind of collusion probably didn’t happen.

Maybe next CBA they change no movement clauses and no trade clauses to “no team clauses.”
They should eliminate NMC and severely restrict NTC in the next CBA. They are bad for the sport.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Sure it can be made varying degrees of difficult by Trouba and his agent. And if the NYR then waive him without claim and want to equally be dicks, he can ride buses with the Wolfpack… it is far from all in Trouba’s hands where he actually plays come Monday. Drury has the Hartford Atomic Bomb. And if you think the thought of Trouba’s misery riding buses would ruin Drury’s weekend…
Wade redden your captain in 2024, extremely unlikely.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
If there is no actual evidence of circumvention then it is not circumvention. They would need evidence that there was any kind of agreement in place between NYR and the claiming team. If no quid pro quo it’s not a “trade,” if it’s not a trade it’s within the contract bounds.
You're mixing up circumvention. I'm saying it is from a standard definition as in to get around something, not necessarily with the legal or penal connotation that we all are used to in hockey with the cap. I've acknowledged that there's nothing actually wrong with it per the cba But some people are still arguing that it wouldn't actually fit the basic definition of circumvention

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Not at all, he's exercising his contractual right.

He would just be doing it in a very strategic way.

THATS WHAT THE RANGERS WOULD BE DOING.

I’m not sure if you are confused or what, but you are advocating an extremely hypocritical position.

Reactions: bhamill

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m locking this up now ,since it’s just speculation now, and some of you seem to be going around in circles. If there is official news that Trouba is traded will make a new thread, but for now, please use the Roster Building thread…

Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

IMG_4546.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad