Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.29.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
This should be the best center depth the Rangers have had in years with, Zibanejad, and then Chytil, Anderson, and Howden competing for spots. Really like what Gordan is doing building depth down the middle and the defense.

Id rather have a true #1C than a bunch of 2nd liners/ middle sixers.

Reactions: RangerBlues

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Eh, I'm not terribly impressed by that move from Howden. That's just him taking advantage of laughably bad CHL defending. That's not going to fly at the NHL level.
You know people always say that, and yet we see highlight reel goals each week where the defenders are made to look amateurish. Even at the NHL level a guy can make a bad decision, get caught flat-footed and look like an idiot like on the Howden play. It happens even at the highest level from time to time.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You know people always say that, and yet we see highlight reel goals each week where the defenders are made to look amateurish. Even at the NHL level a guy can make a bad decision, get caught flat-footed and look like an idiot like on the Howden play. It happens even at the highest level from time to time.

I remember Nigel Dawes once making Chris Pronger look silly. This idea that NHLers can never pull off sick moves on an NHL defense is false.

Last edited:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Id rather have a true #1C than a bunch of 2nd liners/ middle sixers.
I'd rather have 2 1Cs... we didn't skip chances to get those players, they're very hard to get and management is doing whats possible. Chytil could maybe be a 1C but that's far from proven.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Eh, I'm not terribly impressed by that move from Howden. That's just him taking advantage of laughably bad CHL defending. That's not going to fly at the NHL level.

Have you seen Rangers, Islanders, Sabres, Senators etc defend? Defending like this happens daily in the NHL :D

Reactions: jas

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

You take them however you can get them - high skill, or a taking advantage of a mistake.

It's important that we have high standards for these kids, but we shouldn't create no-win scenarios either. Not every goal is going to be them showing amazing mastery of the sport while overcoming seemingly impossible odds to score.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
You take them however you can get them - high skill, or a taking advantage of a mistake.

It's important that we have high standards for these kids, but we shouldn't create no-win scenarios either. Not every goal is going to be them showing amazing mastery of the sport while overcoming seemingly impossible odds to score.

Damn, I was really looking forward to an entire series of Brett Howden lifetime movies.

Reactions: Edge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad