Rangers Prospect Poll (Summer 2018): #9 Prospect

#9 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
OK... honestly, Pionk shoulde been top-5... How many of you guys honestly know what's up? Like you've seen more of Kravtsov, Miller, even Hajek or Howden than of Pionk? They've finally gotten that top-4 RHD who arguably has a spot to lose come October and you guys think there are eight players better... Chytil over an Olympic gold medalist, but if they have a PROBABLE top-4 NHL defenseman, the long-coveted righty, ranked 8th, they have the best prospect pool in history... for all the criticism of Clark and his boys some people do...

Add Falardeau.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buchnevich89

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
And still, the fact Nieves and especially DeAngelo aren't listed is ridiculous, though I bet DeAngelo would be top-3.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
And still, the fact Nieves and especially DeAngelo aren't listed is ridiculous, though I bet DeAngelo would be top-3.

*Anthony DeAngelo played 6 too many NHL games is no longer eligible*

Though I agree he should have been included. He's 22 for crying out loud. The majority didnt want him listed.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
*Anthony DeAngelo played 6 too many NHL games is no longer eligible*

Though I agree he should have been included. He's 22 for crying out loud. The majority didnt want him listed.
Every sport uses a games cut-off for rookie status. You play a certain amount of games, the league doesn't consider you a rookie. Like the NHL's rookie cut-off is 25 games I think.

So HF did the same for prospects. You play a certain amount of games, you're no longer a prospect. It is what it is. If ADA was a stud who played 60 games last season everyone would say, "I don't consider him a prospect anymore and won't vote for him." Instead, he's been mediocre over his 70-whatever games so some people still think he's a prospect. It's just easier to be consistent. IMO anyway.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Nieves is listed.

If Pionk fell to 8 I see no way ADA would be top three, given that a lot of people were never that high on him and a lot more were less than impressed with him last season. Couple that with Shiny New Toy Syndrome and he's probably in the same range as Pionk.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,050.00