Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #20 (LAST ROUND)

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
D Calle Andersson won round 19. D Tommy Hughes replaced him in the poll.

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally, so we follow HF rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

This is the last round. The 5 prospects who do not make it in this round will be Honorable Mentions, ranked in the same order as the number of votes they get this round. For tie-breakers, we'll use the round they were added to the poll. The remaining prospects (below) will be listed in alphabetical order as Rangers property.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. D Dylan McIlrath
3. D Brady Skjei
4. C Oscar Lindberg
5. G Igor Shesterkin
6. D Ryan Graves

SECOND TIER

7. C/LW Aleksi Saarela
8. LW Ryan Gropp
9. C Adam Tambellini
10. C Robin Kovacs
11. G Brandon Halverson
12. C/LW Cristoval Nieves
13. C Steven Fogarty
14.D Sergey Zborovskiy
15. G Mackenzie Skapski

PROJECTS & SUSPECTS

16. RW Nicklas Jensen
17. G Adam Huska
18. C Brad Morrison
19. D Calle Andersson

Calle Andersson
Defense -- shoots R
Born May 16 1994 -- Malmo, Sweden
Height 6.02 -- Weight 211

2015-16 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 19GP 2-2-4 0PIM

image.php

REMAINING PROSPECTS:

Donnay, Troy
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
McCarthy, Chris
Nanne, Tyler
Nejezchleb, Richard
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
St. Croix, Michael

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Hellberg because he has played well recently, improving his stats to 2.48 and 0.915. A case can be made for Mantha, but I just know much more about Hellberg from watching Hartford. Hughes is another possibility here, he's underrated on this forum. I'm not big on guys like Bourque, 25, or Hrivik, 24, because they are old and have not shown much progress recently. I don't like Bernhardt because he essentially wasted this year.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I don't see a whole lot of progress in most of these guys. Either they're staying the course or getting worse.

Like I've said throughout, I think Hrivik and Bourque could fill bottom-6 roles, but, quite frankly, we have better players in those roles already. I've never been too big on Hughes, and Mantha, while big, doesn't look as if he's made a whole lot of progress.

For me, it comes down to Bernhardt and Hellberg, and while Hellberg has been better as of late, I'm going to go with Bernhardt's potential.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Going with Bernhardt because I don't think anyone else has a chance

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Went with Hughes. Other than 3 prospects in the top tier there's not much D (Zboro and Andersson) anywhere further down the chain.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hellberg's has been a main reason why the Wolfpack have been on a tear the last two-three weeks. He strikes me as a pretty hot and cold goaltender though.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
went with Bernhardt, i like how he fit in quickly in Canadian Junior

I like all these choices, and Iverson
in fact i like them better than Calle

i'd like the poll to go deeper, perhaps voting through the poll when there's only one guy to add, after that poll, then we'd group the unelected bottom 6 as the uber long shots

but this has to be a lot of busy work for Beacon already
thanks man

mti79

May 11, 2007
I'm voting for Nejezchleb. Haven't been following the prospects much this season. Did something happen to this kid or is he just struggling?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I'm voting for Nejezchleb. Haven't been following the prospects much this season. Did something happen to this kid or is he just struggling?

he's always been a long shot, drafted at 20

if he can continue improve, i could see him sniping from the wing in Hartford next year, when the talented young reinforcements (Nieves, Fogarty, Iverson, Gropp, Bernhardt, Buch?) join Tambo and Jensen in the lineup

20 points in 27 ECHL games during his 21-year-old, first year pro, season won't impress some folks but hopefuly he's adjusting more every game

http://echl.com/stats/gamebygame.php?id=6222

http://echl.com/stats/statdisplay.php?type=skaters&team_id=52&season_id=37

Last edited:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Went with Hellberg because Bernhardt only just made the jump overseas.

Does anyone know what's up with Ryan Mantha? I haven't seen any updates on him this year

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

Nejezchleb got sent down to the ECHL after spending the last year in the juniors as an overager. He should've had 1.5 years of AHL experience by now based on his age.

Nor were his junior numbers particularly impressive. An overager who eventually makes the NHL tends to absolutely dominate the Juniors. Nejezchleb scored a point per game, which is just God awful for an overager. As I showed in the prospects thread,about 150 Junior players every year score more than a point per game, and very few of them are overagers, many are either defensemen or defensive forwards. Nej is an offense guy.

Nej also had the second-worst +/- on his junior team, the worst if you count it on per game basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad