Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect poll: #12

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
D John Gilmour won round 11. D Sergei Zborovskiy is added to the poll.

ADDITIONS: I am adding Tyler Nanne since based on the last story it looks like he made a full return to health and is training to return to hockey (but probably not this season since he needs to regain his strength). I am also adding Troy Donnay since technically he's still our prospect, even though he's in his last year of his contract and nowhere near the AHL.

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally, so we follow HF rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

I specifically want to point out that Paliotta and Hrivik are eligible as prospects since they played under 65 games. Every year there are people who declare something like, "I don't consider Buchnevich to be a prospect because he's guaranteed to play on the Rangers." That is not the standard. We cannot have everyone follow a difference standard because then the results will be meaningless. By HF standards, McIlrath and others I listed are eligible, therefore they will count as prospects here.

Please write-in who you think should be added to the poll.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. LW Jimmy Vesey
3. D Brady Skjei
4. G Igor Shesterkin
5. D Dylan McIlrath
6. D Ryan Graves

SECOND TIER

7. G Mackenzie Skapski
8. RW Robin Kovacs
9. C/LW Cristoval Nieves
10. D Adam Clendening
11. D John Gilmour

John Gilmour
Defense -- shoots L
Born May 17 1993 -- Montreal, PQ
Height 5.11 -- Weight 180

2015-16 Providence College H-East 34 9-14-23 18PIM

rangers19s-2-web.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED:

Andersson, Calle
Bernhardt, Daniel
Chapie, Adam
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Fontaine, Gabriel
Gettinger, Tim
Jensen, Nicklas
Hellberg, Mangus
Hrivik, Marek
Hughes, Tommy
Morrison, Brad
Nanne, Tyler
Paliota, Michael
Ronning, Ty
Stromwall, Malte
Tambellini, Adam
Wall, Tyler

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Zbovorvskiy. He looked good during the preseason, and now started hot in Regina. He was drafted in the 3rd round and his value has only increased since then. Not sure why Day is up there over Zboro other than the shiny new toy syndrom: Zboro is taller, has a better shot, better positioning, more polished. Day is a little faster, but Zboro's skating improved over the last 12 months enough that I didn't see a gap in skating between the two in Traverse. Basically, the *hope* for Day is that a year from now he'll be where Zboro is today, but Zboro already got at least to this point, while Day just *hopes* to get here in a year.

Add Stromwall.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2