Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ MTL Oct 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHB*

It's so sad that free agency is allowed and Brian chose not to re-sign with the Rangers.

:shakehead

Not sure if you're mocking me, but I have no problem with free agency and I certainly understand why we lost him, but I personally think he would be a big help right now. I'm not going to cry over spilled milk, it is what it is.

AHB*

And Dan Boyle on the back end as a PP QB and having Hunwick on the bench wouldn't be significant? Our PP has been horrendous.

Our PP has always sucked, for the past decade+. Our PK and defensive efforts have not and that is why we are losing games.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Not sure if you're mocking me, but I have no problem with free agency and I certainly understand why we lost him, but I personally think he would be a big help right now. I'm not going to cry over spilled milk, it is what it is.

Not mocking you--just very tired of people bringing players who are no longer with the team. WYSIWYG until or unless there is a change in the roster.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Not mocking you--just very tired of people bringing players who are no longer with the team. WYSIWYG until or unless there is a change in the roster.

It depends. I think that in a case like Dubinsky, where at first the team clearly missed his leadership on the ice, in terms of setting the tone, I can understand people bringing him up. In BBoyles case, to me the Rangers have the players to replace what he brought, though spread between others who play other roles.

It's still early and last year is still fresh in the brain. Two players are hurt in our two positions of relatively less depth. I don't care about Brian Boyle in any way right now, because his presence wouldn't make this team better missing it's #1 C

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Hope everyone is happy with that Prince of Wales banner because that's as close as this crew is getting to ever winning anything again. Staal, Girardi, and Klein are the most overrated D in the NHL and all look horrible in AV's system. MSL is done. Zucc is the next Petr Prucha in that he's ineffective once teams pay attention and start keying on him. Boyle and Glass are disaster UFAs and Slat's giving out massive contracts to Lundqvist, Brass, and Girardi will handcuff the team for years. Very little in the system, as Miller, Lindberg, Fast Kristo, Allen, McIlrath, and Borque are all zeros (or at least will be after Kenny G ruins them). Just another bunch of high-round draft picks squandered by slats and his crony Gordie Clark.

This is how the "this is a bad hockey team" thread should have started. I DO appreciate the attention to detail which went into mimicking satrabyk's classic but damn...this post is GOAT/WOAT

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Something to mention too. By and large, the Rangers PK has been fine even without Boyle and Stepan. Take out the game against the Devils, because it was a fluke game for both teams PK units, and they're at 84% on the year, which is a top 10 unit over a full season.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
"Fixing" other users' posts is not allowed.

"For all forums, you may reply to a partial quote, but quotes by other members are not to be edited in an attempt to alter the original meaning."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad