Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Kings - March 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Am I the only one who is happy getting 3 out of 4 points back to back games against two of the best teams in the NHL? Some of you need a reality check

the blown leads that just keep mounting has (probably rightfully) kept anyone from enjoying anything about this team. and really I can't blame them.

It's March 18th. Enough already.

Last edited by a moderator:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
This is a disturbing statistic:

Jesus Christ.

11PPLw9.png

lLP5QYW.png

Last edited:

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Every team blows leads in the 3rd no team is perfect. We are about to have another 100 point season the people who whine no matter what should go root for buffalo or Carolina where year after year the get 65 points. I look at the big picture and I can actually enjoy the season. I can't wait to see the bandwagon fan base after we win the first round again when most of you predict doom

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Every team blows leads in the 3rd no team is perfect. We are about to have another 100 point season the people who whine no matter what should go root for buffalo or Carolina where year after year the get 65 points. I look at the big picture and I can actually enjoy the season. I can't wait to see the bandwagon fan base after we win the first round again when most of you predict doom

I totally agree.

It's too bad only real fans like you and I enjoy this team thru good and bad and steadfastly refuse to criticize the team for anything because that's not what a real fan does. A real fan never criticizes, they only sitback enjoy and drink the koolaide.

A real fan is like one of those Jonestown people, "look out lips, look out gums, open up here she comes", never questions anything.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I totally agree.

It's too bad only real fans like you and I enjoy this team thru good and bad and steadfastly refuse to criticize the team for anything because that's not what a real fan does. A real fan never criticizes, they only sitback enjoy and drink the koolaide.

A real fan is like one of those Jonestown people, "look out lips, look out gums, open up here she comes", never questions anything.
:laugh:
The Kool aid is delicious.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Feeling bad for Hank. He had a chance to get out of that dungeon with a win in his first game back since the Game 5 loss and these oafs find a way to **** it up again.

It'll take a miracle to get out of the first round. **** this ****ing piece of **** season.

Last edited:

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
-???

-profit

All I can do is laugh.

This has been the worst season of Rangers hockey in over a decade.

09-10 was better than this. That team sucked, but they brought it more than 8% of the time. This Rangers team has played maybe 7 games of GOOD hockey this entire year. That has to be a record.

Wow!

They have 37 victories where they didn't play well.

Chicago has the same amount of victories. Do you think they have only played 7 good games?

Some people here believe the Rangers suck, others that the league is dead-set on preventing the Rangers from winning.

If they are playing poorly and going to win around 45 games, and the league hates them, and their Corsi sucks, how are the end results so good?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Don't make me laugh. The only thing they ever do is throw the puck at the net and go to the net. They probably make the least amount of skill plays in the league. Just because you don't like skill and you like caveman hockey doesn't mean they're the most entertaining team in the lead. If we won 2 cups playing like that I wouldn't complain, no. Doesn't mean it's entertaining. Boring caveman hockey that people like because it's #toff, but it's killing the game because it takes out all the skill from the game.

If you didn't think that was a fun game to watch it makes me wonder what you think an exciting game is.

The fact that you think LA lacks skills is hilarious.

The fact that you don't understand that physicality is an important part of the game is almost as funny.

The fact that you don't understand that making it tough for the opponent is important is odd.

Winning within the rules is the goal of every sport, whether you're happy about that or not.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Yup, and now we are a deflated team again for blowing another lead, will probably go into SJ and lose that one too. Getting 3 of 6 points.

Instead of beating two top teams, and going into SJ with a ton of confidence and likely winning..getting all 6 points.

Fair weather fans? Did you even watch? Or was it too late for you and you needed your sleep, while the real fans stayed up?

And if they beat SJ or take them to OT?

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012
I don't have confidence that this team will do too well in the playoffs. It is a different game(more physicality allowed) and the team has never consistently looked good this year. Despite the team having some awful players/play/defense I think the main source of problems is the coaching. The patented AV up by 1 collapse has cost the team too many times now.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Wow!

They have 37 victories where they didn't play well.

Chicago has the same amount of victories. Do you think they have only played 7 good games?

Some people here believe the Rangers suck, others that the league is dead-set on preventing the Rangers from winning.

If they are playing poorly and going to win around 45 games, and the league hates them, and their Corsi sucks, how are the end results so good?

The answer to your question is Henrik Lundqvist

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The answer to your question is Henrik Lundqvist

Lundqvist is a great goaltender, but they have won with Raanta and last year Talbot was outstanding. Behind Edmonton it has been a vastly different story.

The Rangers aren't nearly as inept as some here believe.

I think Lundqvist is in the conversation for 2nd best goaltender to ever play, so I won't diminish his effect, but this season Schneider has impressed me the most.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Lundqvist is a great goaltender, but they have won with Raanta and last year Talbot was outstanding. Behind Edmonton it has been a vastly different story.

The Rangers aren't nearly as inept as some here believe.

I think Lundqvist is in the conversation for 2nd best goaltender to ever play, so I won't diminish his effect, but this season Schneider has impressed me the most.

Lundqvist has the highest ES SV% in the league by far. Talbot has been good in Edmonton.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I totally agree.

I would actually argue that thinking this team is not good enough (though still good!) while watching said team for 12,000+ min a year and reading an online forum about them night and day makes you, in a weird way, MORE of a fan.

Or insane. Probably insane.

(Seriously though...judging others' "fandom" is ridiculous)

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Lundqvist has the highest ES SV% in the league by far. Talbot has been good in Edmonton.

Just looked at the stats. Of all the goalies three or four are ahead of him, but of the most used, he is first.

Amazing how little difference there is between goalies for ES Save %.

Talbot is the 51st ranked goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan