Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Lindberg -Moore-Stalberg would be a phenomenal 4th line, but you gotta assume Glass is playing any time McIlrath sits because AV will want a designated fighter in the lineup.

That's the exact 4th line I had picked :)

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Bodie is similar to Torey Krug, unfortunately with McIlrath and Skeji here, not sure if he fits in even long term.

Stoll is fine, he should take the 12/13f away from Glass. Getting Stoll who can provide the veteran leadership that Glass provides at half the price, is good. Now, Gorton just needs to waive or trade Glass so AV can't use him.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Kabanov probably sealed his fate with his irresponsible play. Didn't have much hope for him, but it's still depressing to watch him sputter like that. Maybe he gets another game, but I doubt it.

Kab should get an AHL deal. He's better than a lot of guys we'll have playing in Hartford. If he can get better over the next 8 months, maybe he'll get an NHL deal in the summer. If not, he'll still be helpful to Hartford this season.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Bodie played well, looked bigger than last year yet he's still undersized. Somebody get this kid some PEDs.

Is it just me or did he look seriously bigger than half a year ago? Last I saw him, he looked like a prepubescent boy wearing his daddy's jersey, now suddenly he looks like an undersized adult. Are you seeing the same thing or it's just my imagination?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Is it just me or did he look seriously bigger than half a year ago? Last I saw him, he looked like a prepubescent boy wearing his daddy's jersey, now suddenly he looks like an undersized adult. Are you seeing the same thing or it's just my imagination?

No, it's true. He has bulked up. I hope Tambellini can go through a similar development physically.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Lindberg was the best Ranger tonight. There's no way he doesn't make this team, especially given his waiver status.

Same with McIlrath. The waivers thing helps him, but he looks decent anyway, especially for a #7. Big strides compared to last year's pre-season.

Etem was easily the most disappointing guy to me. I kept looking for the player who was great in the play-offs against Detroit 3 years ago, but he wasn't out there. I guess Anaheim haven't seen him during the last couple of years either.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Bodie is similar to Torey Krug, unfortunately with McIlrath and Skeji here, not sure if he fits in even long term.

Stoll is fine, he should take the 12/13f away from Glass. Getting Stoll who can provide the veteran leadership that Glass provides at half the price, is good. Now, Gorton just needs to waive or trade Glass so AV can't use him.

I think Glass is the coach's pet though.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
McIlrath and Lindberg have both been great in their two games. That's so good to see. Probably the two guys that needed good performances most.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Lindberg is going to help with the loss of one of my favorite hardest-working Rangers, Carl Hagelin. Dylan is looking very good and I like his skating and effort.

Stalberg is going to be big for this team in the second half and in the playoffs. I really like his skating and board play. Very nice pass for the goal as well.

I feel Stoll deserves to be on the 4th line, he is a pro at draws, and has that experience. Not a soft guy by any means.

So I would like to see this line-up

Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Etem-Hayes-Stalberg
Lindberg-Moore-Stoll
Glass

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein
McIlrath

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Lindberg is going to help with the loss of one of my favorite hardest-working Rangers, Carl Hagelin. Dylan is looking very good and I like his skating and effort.

Stalberg is going to be big for this team in the second half and in the playoffs. I really like his skating and board play. Very nice pass for the goal as well.

I feel Stoll deserves to be on the 4th line, he is a pro at draws, and has that experience. Not a soft guy by any means.

So I would like to see this line-up

Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Etem-Hayes-Stalberg
Lindberg-Moore-Stoll
Glass

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein
McIlrath

You're missing Fast.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Honestly the only thing I haven't liked is our PK and with our first pair playing the real games, plus Nash, that'll get a lot better.

There will be some pains as Lindberg learns and we find a replacement for Hagelin (right now I love the idea of Stalberg, but what else is new) but by November I expect it to be good.

Or maybe we do two centers on one pair and go Moore- Lindberg with Hayes-Stalberg coming in for spots. Stoll will factor in as well though right now I have him as the 13.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
i cant believe anyoen actually thought Graves was good tonight. He was an absolute trainwreck out there.

really only Lindberg stood out as having a terrific game.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Honestly the only thing I haven't liked is our PK and with our first pair playing the real games, plus Nash, that'll get a lot better.

There will be some pains as Lindberg learns and we find a replacement for Hagelin (right now I love the idea of Stalberg, but what else is new) but by November I expect it to be good.

Or maybe we do two centers on one pair and go Moore- Lindberg with Hayes-Stalberg coming in for spots. Stoll will factor in as well though right now I have him as the 13.
Yeah Lundqvist might help that as well lol

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I know it's only been two games, but I'm happy people are *starting* to come around on Dylan. Long way to go in camp here, for sure. Hopefully the coaching staff is impressed with the rest of you.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
I know it's only been two games, but I'm happy people are *starting* to come around on Dylan. Long way to go in camp here, for sure. Hopefully the coaching staff is impressed with the rest of you.

Definitely out played Diaz which I'm assuming is his competition.
And at times I thought outplayed Klein... that comment should bother some folks.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
That'd be pretty sweet. Honestly I think this team is going to be so good with a full season of Yandle.

Yes, definitely looking forward to The Yodeler for a full season.

3v3 OT was interesting... Players looked a bit confused at first.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Etem-Hayes-Stalberg
Lindberg-Moore-Stoll
Glass

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein
McIlrath

Quickie? At this stage I'd swap him in for Etem and I'd swap Stoll for Stalberg. Moving Hey hey hey to RW.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
To me Klein is a guy who can move into your top four for a while and do a job anywhere between okay and very good but---he's most comfortable getting 16-18 minutes a night and not like the last couple nights being put into a go to role of 20+ minutes and even pwp time. Throw somebody new into the mix as his defense partner and it looked to me as if he was thinking too much out there.

I've been happy with how McIlrath has played both games. He's broken up a lot of plays. He's not handling the puck like it's a hand grenade. Has made some nice breakout plays--has not been a turnover machine. If he continues the way he is--he makes the team--potentially even Klein is moved.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Etem looks like a guy who has the potential to frustrate the **** out of fans, management, anyone who watches him. Potential and frustrate seem to be words I'd associate most with him after last night night because he has all kinds of skills but he just didn't accomplish anything. His sense of anticipating where the puck was going or where he should be on the ice surface at any given time other than face-offs was lacking to an alarming degree. He looks like a guy who if he played all year for us might put up 15 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad