Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Blues - October 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
If the Rangers could get McDavid for Zuccarello I'm sure you'd find a way to be upset about it.

It's been talked about before, but the most impressive team at the World Cup was Team NA. Speed to burn, young fresh legs. That's where the league is going.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I only wish Stepan, zuci, or Nash had Vesey & Miller chances, they would score for sure.
Another point to put Nash back where he belongs on the top 6 lines.
And let our youths mature on the third line, because we don`t have time to wait until they have confidence to score, and we can`t continue to lose pts. like this as we did last night.

We dominated Blues majority of that game and still lost due horrible finishing from Vesey & Miller.
AV panicked in the third period and tried Nash with Stepan & Zuci, but too late, unfortunately.
What AV is doing recently is questionable decisions with lines, and it cost pts. on saturday for sure.

I don`t like to be that hard on some of our young players here like Miller, and lastly Vesey with almost 0 NHL experience, but that is reality of NHL, and their goalie was not that great with Zib backhand goal.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
So, what do you guys/gals think the Rangers chances for tomorrow are?

Sharks coming in with a solid 2-0 start to their season.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
We won't lose that game tomorrow

But hank really needs to step up he has not been good let alone 8.5 mil good for a while. We had no business losing that game last night.

Mcilrath should get in and i think he'll be solid.

Wonder if raanta gets the start 3 in 4 nights and he's good on home ice thru his career

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
We won't lose that game tomorrow

But hank really needs to step up he has not been good let alone 8.5 mil good for a while. We had no business losing that game last night.

Mcilrath should get in and i think he'll be solid.

Wonder if raanta gets the start 3 in 4 nights and he's good on home ice thru his career

How many guys are we going to leave wide open in front? How many breakaways are we gonna continue to give up?

Henrik is the least of the concerns with this team. Come on.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
If the Rangers could get McDavid for Zuccarello I'm sure you'd find a way to be upset about it.

I have strong loyalry to our guys but I would trade any 3 of them for McDavid. Maybe any 4 of them. So you have our permission to make that trade :)

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
This is awesome post that deserves to not be ignored. It touches on many of the issues that I have worried about with this team. I have said that this defense is the reason this team could miss the playoffs. his coach can do things to mitigate things until a necessary upgrade(s) is(are) made. McDonagh is the best Dman this team has, so 1), ride him and two, do not anchor him with Girardi.

There so many better options for the PK than Fast. Yet, Fast remains one of AV's toys. I really am hoping that Fast is an add on in one of the prospective deals for a Dman.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

I think you misunderstand me, my annoyance stems from the constant persistence that players aged 27 and up are considered old.

I happen to like players on good contracts that have a future.

Team NA were "omg so young and omg so speedy <3<3" in the World Cup, and they got their ***** handed to them by what HFboards would consider to be a bunch of relics

Last edited:

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
KZB line is so crazy ain't even mad

They are damn solid offensivly but struggle defensivly. Been on the ice for a good amount of goal against so far. Buchnevich looks solid but isnt contributing that much on that line yet. Zib and kreider looks better than ever, Buchnevich still needs time.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
They are damn solid offensivly but struggle defensivly. Been on the ice for a good amount of goal against so far. Buchnevich looks solid but isnt contributing that much on that line yet. Zib and kreider looks better than ever, Buchnevich still needs time.

I agree and a good observation - Kreider was more busy to finish the check then chase the guy with the puck who scored in that situation. :)

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I only wish Stepan, zuci, or Nash had Vesey & Miller chances, they would score for sure.
Another point to put Nash back where he belongs on the top 6 lines.
And let our youths mature on the third line, because we don`t have time to wait until they have confidence to score, and we can`t continue to lose pts. like this as we did last night.

We dominated Blues majority of that game and still lost due horrible finishing from Vesey & Miller.
AV panicked in the third period and tried Nash with Stepan & Zuci, but too late, unfortunately.
What AV is doing recently is questionable decisions with lines, and it cost pts. on saturday for sure.

I don`t like to be that hard on some of our young players here like Miller, and lastly Vesey with almost 0 NHL experience, but that is reality of NHL, and their goalie was not that great with Zib backhand goal.

Ye i want Miller-Stepan-Nash as the top defensive line. Move Buch down to the 3rd line with Hayes and vesey. Give Zucc a chance with Kreider and Zib. Buch needs time, struggles in his own sone, he isnt contributing much on that Kreider-Zib line. Ye i said it, sure that line looks great but they struggle in the defensive sone and could use a better twoway player in Zucc with them.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
That .907 save percentage since December is not really something to build upon

It's .918 since jan 1st. in 20 games of October and November last year, it was .935. December was his only bad month of the season (11 games) - don't act like he's in a freefall of suck.

He also posted a .934 SV% at even strength last season, higher than his career average of .929.

It was SH that killed his numbers. Which makes sense, b/c the whole team was a dumpster fire on the PK.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I can't believe we're talking about Lundqvist.

The guy posted a career year during 5v5 play last season at age 34.

If the PK wasn't so terrible (partly due to him as he is not absolved of blame there), he'd have won the Vezina.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I can't believe we're talking about Lundqvist.

The guy posted a career year during 5v5 play last season at age 34.

If the PK wasn't so terrible (partly due to him as he is not absolved of blame there), he'd have won the Vezina.

He's a goalie that makes 8.5 million a year and didn't give the team a discount and sign for 3 million. So every person with a keyboard, except Nevesis, holds him to an unreal expectation. If the guy doesn't have a .0000000000000000000000000001 GA and a save % of .975, he's an over paid, aging hack on the downside. If only he was a shot blocking warrior.

Edit:10 million this year.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

And thus marks the end of the KZB line. Whoever AV puts with KZ tonight is going to look good because those guys are on their games. Then Buch will come back relegated to the third line. Not look as good. Become a scratch rotation.

AV, baby.

Hoping he gives that line Pirri.

Kreider - Zib - Pirri
Nash - Stepan - Vesey
Miller - Hayes - Zuccarello
Grabner - Jooris - Fast

inb4Fastisonthatline

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
And thus marks the end of the KZB line. Whoever AV puts with KZ tonight is going to look good because those guys are on their games. Then Buch will come back relegated to the third line. Not look as good. Become a scratch rotation.

AV, baby.

Hoping he gives that line Pirri.

On the bolded, I hope so.

As for the rest, I don't think this will happen. AV has been on the record how much he likes the three of them together. I think he'd split them up if they go cold, not because of injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany