Rumor: Rangers "Are In Big-Time" to Acquire Jonathan Drouin

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I'd rather keep Yandle this year then trade him for Drouin unless the management wants to try to get a higher draft pick because I don't believe Drouin will make as much of a impact as Yandle would for the rest of this season.

Agree with your last sentence.. Depends or not if the staff sees us as legit contenders or its time to retool a bit.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Kreider sucks and we should trade him, but Tampa's .5 PPG prospect with huge potential is the ****!

Exactly. And he's small, not strong for a small guy, and scores goals like John Scott.

I'm for any young guy with upside but I'd really think about giving up too much for Drouin. This is the same ranger team that people complain about having too many pass first players right?

And virtually no way to keep Yandle is a huge overstatement. Trade some deadweight, of which we have a ton, and keep the top PMD they've always needed and will continue to need if he leaves.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I'd love to get Drouin. If we could manage it, I'd make a Staal-Drouin swap pretty damn easy. I wonder what Tampa is asking, though.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Exactly. And he's small, not strong for a small guy, and scores goals like John Scott.

I'm for any young guy with upside but I'd really think about giving up too much for Drouin. This is the same ranger team that people complain about having too many pass first players right?

And virtually no way to keep Yandle is a huge overstatement. Trade some deadweight, of which we have a ton, and keep the top PMD they've always needed and will continue to need if he leaves.

All the dead weight have NTCs and NMCs.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Since when does Girardi have a limited NTC? I thought that doesn't kick in until after this season or after next season and he currently has a full NTC or NMC.

Edit: Yes Girardi has a NMC until after next season when it becomes a limited NTC.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
I'd love to get Drouin. If we could manage it, I'd make a Staal-Drouin swap pretty damn easy. I wonder what Tampa is asking, though.

As far as I know, the price is sky high. I think Mcilrath and a pick gets TB's attention, but not sure that it gets it to be honest.

Personally (and I could be wrong), but I don't think Yandle or Kreider really blows them away considering Yandle and Kreider both need new contracts after this year. TB's focus is on getting their franchise player in Stamkos locked up. They don't want other distractions such as a looming UFA in Yandle as another key contractual decision. And considering Stamkos needing a new deal, Yandle may very well become a rental for them.

Which is why I personally see Drouin staying with the Lightning. Drouin's trade request carries absolutely zero leverage for the Drouin camp. In my opinion, opposing GMs will view Drouin's request as a tactic to lower the TB asking price, which won't work. TB knows he's a 20 year old former 3rd overall pick. And they're asking a sky high price for him. I guess I'm just not sold on GM's actually paying up and meeting the high end price for Drouin.

jacko23

Powerplay Merchant
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
getting Drouin would basically replace Duclair, as far as having a top end prospect, but theyre different players as far as im aware. maybe if Sather was still in charge of this stuff, we would get Drouin without giving up too many key pieces and STILL save some cap space. he must have some serious dirt on every NHL GM.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Can't see what we can realistically offer that wouldn't be beaten by other teams

Or falls in the territory of extreme over-payment, which is undesirable.

Under any other circumstances I would offer a package around McIlrath, which fits a Tampa need, and add a little from there, but right now the Rangers need him more.

My best offer starts with Kreider, throw in a second and a RHD prospect.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Please god dont give up on Kreider. That would be a clouded move in a season where many have underperformed. I am just as frustrated as the next guy with him, but he has a lot to offer when he is going. Wait him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad