Proposal: Ranger & Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I don't think Poehling/Ylonen have a lot of value around the league right now. And it sounds like the Rangers are looking for top6 NHL players according to Dreger.

Habs have a lot of top 6 winger depth, but not sure they'd be willing to move one of them right now before we see how they all work together.
So if Kravtsov can't crack the Rangers top 6, Dreger thinks they will get a player who can in exchange for him? Who would do that? They would be better off trying to convince Kreider to move and putting Kravtsov in the top 6. He's not moving past Panarin, Laf or Kakko.

Reactions: malcb33

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
So if Kravtsov can't crack the Rangers top 6, Dreger thinks they will get a player who can in exchange for him? Who would do that? They would be better off trying to convince Kreider to move and putting Kravtsov in the top 6. He's not moving past Panarin, Laf or Kakko.
Exactly. The Rangers can want a top6 player in return, but that doesn’t mean they will get a quality one in return. IMO a middle 6 guy like Armia would be a solid return for a unproven but high potential player like Kravtsov.

I don’t think Armia would be available because he just resigned and unless the season continues to go south for Montreal, it’s not a great fit either.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Pls stop w/the panic/instant gratification moves

yes, if a good enuf offer is on the table, pull the trigger
but
absent that

Strome is not part of this team long term
like Buch we can't afford him and have $ for fox + kids
that overrides other considerations

Rosters have to settle
then deal Strome = open F slot
just shut up everybody and play K w/higher end guys to show he can cut it at a high level
then respond to decent offers, and move on.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Pls stop w/the panic/instant gratification moves

yes, if a good enuf offer is on the table, pull the trigger
but
absent that

Strome is not part of this team long term
like Buch we can't afford him and have $ for fox + kids
that overrides other considerations

Rosters have to settle
then deal Strome = open F slot
just shut up everybody and play K w/higher end guys to show he can cut it at a high level
then respond to decent offers, and move on.
Considering his agent has permission to talk to teams to try to make a trade I don’t think the Rangers are necessarily taking a “wait and see” stance. If they’re offered value got him now they’ll move him. And I doubt it’s going to take an overpayment

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Rangers want a top 6 forward for Kratzov?
The same player they just sent down to the AHL and demanded a trade ?
Ya , I want my Devils to trade Boqvist for a first line 30g winger but that’ll be as likely as what the Rangers are looking in trade value

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Considering his agent has permission to talk to teams to try to make a trade I don’t think the Rangers are necessarily taking a “wait and see” stance. If they’re offered value got him now they’ll move him. And I doubt it’s going to take an overpayment

Yes.
IF IF IF
they are offered ENOUGH value

and agree it doesn't have to be overpayment
just adequate

of course, if they listen to me and get him on NYR and he is producing, his value may THEN go up commensurately

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah, adding Armia really hurts the value for Montreal and tbh, just because of how the team is constructed, I'm not sure what the Rangers would even do with him.

He's just snagging the deal for no reason.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Ya , I want my Devils to trade Boqvist for a first line 30g winger but that’ll be as likely as what the Rangers are looking in trade value

They project Kravstov as a top 6 player. If they deal him then they want someone who also is projected as a top 6 player. If they don’t get something in that neighborhood then they’ll just sit on him for the time being. What’s so complicated here? No one is realistically expecting them to deal Kravstov straight up for a high end young NHLer.

Reactions: bernmeister

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think it's more top 6 potential. Not a current top 6 F.

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005

The quote from Dreger was "Rangers are looking for a forward with top 6 "POTENTIAL" as a return for Kravtsov." that is a very important word you left out. You see by leaving one word out, you change the whole context of what was said!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad