TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
FB_IMG_1683227034792.jpg

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Working on Hawaii isn't always pleasant. But I've been here a month and I'll have a week of free time, my last trip was 9 months. Sometimes it's hard to keep it together when the environment is ruthless, will drain every Oz energy. Hawaii seems like a dream until you need a hammer.
It's shit complaining about my location..live well my friends.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
IL clarify, it rained last night, the sun come out ,on vacation that's cool. Work and concentrate, humidity plus sun and stagnant air..it's hostile. Hawaii is brutal

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I need that right now. Is any camping allowed?

And i keep forgetting i have a box of old tools burried away. I keep meaning to drag them out for you guys. One tool has me wondering for sure...
You could probably pull it off if you went in the jungle out of sight , but not on the beach area , there would be any number of creepy crawleys but Hawaii has zero snakes. Asian centipede are a different story, nasty pricks 6-7 inches long with a horrific sting. I'll get more pics soon , I'll go again before I leave.

View attachment 711973
What's that tool on the bottom right for? Not the drill
Does the loop do anything at the tail end? Is it sharp? Maybe a rew pics of the working end up close, those are all wood working tools so I'd guess it would fit in that category.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Ad blocker my man.

If they ever find a way around the adblock on this site I'm deleting my account.
I hate the idea that I have to modify my shit because this site is a spamfest.

Hanson ,check the new Hitachi finish gun ,notice the thumb knob on the head? It blasts air to clear dust off a work area, it's so simple but awesome, like the LED light on the cordless drills f***ing genius.
20230525_124007.jpg

Reactions: HansonBro

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
The most Hawaiian thing you will ever see, chicken everywhere even inside Walmart, cats are Ferrell too,never will you see a beautiful cat chuck down a lizard for lunch
20230420_102015.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: TaLoN

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
So there it is in all its glory. The left side clearly is supposed to have a cutting edge. Chunk missing. Right side is blunt. I loosened the screw so it can pivot, but I think it's more of a set screw. After that I'm lost

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
View attachment 713247
Also of note, the back side has a clear taper on the edge
Dude I'm totally lost on this one , could it be for pulling finish nails? Cutting wire? The other tools are cool ,I dig that stuff especially that spoke shave. You can sometimes see the blood lines from what a modern tool came from but I'm puzzled on that. Hope you figure it out and post what that bottle opener does.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Dude I'm totally lost on this one , could it be for pulling finish nails? Cutting wire? The other tools are cool ,I dig that stuff especially that spoke shave. You can sometimes see the blood lines from what a modern tool came from but I'm puzzled on that. Hope you figure it out and post what that bottle opener does.
Well this one might stay a mystery. We've had a few guesses around the house here from a can opener to a wire fencing tool or something a ferrier might have used. Your guesses are as good as mine!

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
It's for cutting thin leather my research has shown.
Well this one might stay a mystery. We've had a few guesses around the house here from a can opener to a wire fencing tool or something a ferrier might have used. Your guesses are as good as mine!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad