OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Kind of wonder if starting this on time was a bit cynical by the Pirates. Junk Cease's start or at the very least interrupt it by a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: BusinessGoose

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
One aspect that really sucks about the Pirates falling out of the WC race, is that the sports talk shows have already started to transition to Steelers training camp talk.

3 hours of talking about Brandon Aiyuk today.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Looks like Cease is out of the game. So basically a garbage bullpen anything can happen type game. Not sure that favors us, but Cease vs Falter didn't either.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
images

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I don't care at all whether Shelton is trying to send some kind of message to Cruz. He is one of the only bats who can impact the game and get us a win.

He needs to be deployed as a pinch hitter at some point vs a RHP reliever, preferably early on, before we get to the better leverage arms in their pen. It's one thing to maybe have him out vs Cease, but we can't mess around if there is any opportunity to do damage.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Is Cruz sick? Someone said they said that on the broadcast earlier but I didn't catch it.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
One aspect that really sucks about the Pirates falling out of the WC race, is that the sports talk shows have already started to transition to Steelers training camp talk.

3 hours of talking about Brandon Aiyuk today.
This.

At least most of this summer was good or else this would have been all summer.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Lol, I don't understand how much more embarrassing this team can get.

Absolute clowns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad