OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Home run ball would've hit the yellow line on top of the wall, so I thought it was the correct call, especially since Palacios half-assed attempt would've resulted in a catch
I think the point is it was touched by a fan while still in the "field" doesnt really matter if there was a play available

Inexplicable raising of the jolly roger today

"see we don't need to trade for anyone"

Reactions: metalan2 and td_ice

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
After getting screwed on that absurd call and seeing Holderman get some quick outs, I thought "mission accomplished in the ugliest possible fashion".

After a home run and a triple that was just asking to be the tying run with a wild pitch, I now see that there was an uglier way to get 1 absolutely necessary win out of that hellhole series. Get the f*** out of there ASAP.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
That win really probably made Cheirngton very angry. Now he's officially gonna look like a compete tool for not making any moves.

If they got swept, he could have ran the same old BS about "nothing being out there."

Reactions: BusinessGoose

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Dave Itzkoff on X: me watching any SNL musical guest at this point  https://t.co/LPNcwrOfIV / X

• Wow
Reactions: BusinessGoose

since70

Sep 27, 2016
I think the point is it was touched by a fan while still in the "field" doesnt really matter if there was a play available

Inexplicable raising of the jolly roger today

"see we don't need to trade for anyone"
The ball hitting the yellow line makes it a home run, which I think technically makes it fair game for a fan to catch it, it's like when they used to be able to reach into foul ground to catch a pop up and the fan takes it away.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
The ball hitting the yellow line makes it a home run, which I think technically makes it fair game for a fan to catch it, it's like when they used to be able to reach into foul ground to catch a pop up and the fan takes it away.
Did it not hit the dudes wrist first though?

I mean, whatever, new york does what they do

This was one of the lamest ref crews anyway, anytime you get a bucknor set you're on edge

Reactions: td_ice

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

I'll add Brandon Lowe to the wishlist since the Rays are obviously blowing it up.
We can lionize Gonzales' clutch hits but he has been pretty terrible at the plate outside of those clutch/lucky hits. Also he can take over at 3rd once we figure out where to unload the Hayes problem.

I would also like Richie Palacios, Josh's brother.

Something like Chandler + Suwinski (just go away, Jack) for Lowe + Palacios would be in the ballpark. I'd do it.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
It appears skenes is getting pushed back thought for sure he would go Monday and Sat with Thursday off because of the Arizona series but it seems he is going Monday then getting a week off for fs1 and the Padres

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad