OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
So i am enjoying the DiamondBacks commentary they are destroying the ump and his wide strike zone they took the time to stop talking about their prospects to talk up cruz. Have said to stop pitching to him and its keller skenes keeping up alive and don’t envy getting both next weekend

Reactions: BusinessGoose

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I’ve never thought Hayes was the future star that many did but this descent into being unplayable is both surprising and very problematic.
I mean, his fielding is honestly average MLB 3rd baseman level

But he used to at least hit for contact and gaps better.

And it's not like $8mil is a lot in the league, but it is to this team, so you gotta be bringing every cent of that value to the game

Guess when your "good" players are a mix of average and below average, you get a .490 team... Average and a bit below

So i am enjoying the DiamondBacks commentary they are destroying the ump and his wide strike zone they took the time to stop talking about their prospects to talk up cruz. Have said to stop pitching to him and its keller skenes keeping up alive and don’t envy getting both next weekend
Facts, basically

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Now they put Tellez in to bat for Joe... Is there a board in the clubhouse that Shelton makes decisions with by cutting the head off a chicken and picking where it falls?

If he was good to go, why not start him? Joe ICE cold

metalan2

May 30, 2008
That's pretty true. His main value is drawing walks. But that's not great.

He just can't play the field anymore, and we gotta put him out there for this drawn out fairwell tour. Which, as a fan, I think it's cool.... But not when it's log-jamming our options like it is.

Same as late stage CrosbyMalkinLetang are about to do. Cool... Buuuut...

Now Cruz homers... But of course it's just a solo shot cause no one can get on base ahead of him
Right. But he's still one of our better hitters.

Great we tied the game, but I can't fathom getting one more run around, let alone the 2 or 3 that are likely gonna be needed in extras if we even get there.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Grandal to first base with Bart now behind the plate :laugh:

We are not a serious team

Sure he gets a walk to load the base in extras. Still. Hate the guy.

Last edited:

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I mean, his fielding is honestly average MLB 3rd baseman level

But he used to at least hit for contact and gaps better.

And it's not like $8mil is a lot in the league, but it is to this team, so you gotta be bringing every cent of that value to the game

Guess when your "good" players are a mix of average and below average, you get a .490 team... Average and a bit below

Facts, basically
He's definitely elite defensively. You don't hit 4.0 WAR back to back years, including leading the league in DWAR in 2022, if you aren't locking down the hot corner. If he could just hit like last year, he'd be fantastic.

13.7 career war with a 706. OPS, hes gotta be elite defensively lol

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Huge clutch hit by Hayes to hopefully give the breathing room necessary for the bottom of the inning. And shout out to Bae for really executing what amounted to a chaos bunt for a hit. Getting that big hop and forcing a young pitcher into a mistake was a huge catalyst there. I don't have much faith in Bae but he has the kind of skills to break things open like that. It's one reason why I wouldn't mind Lane Thomas. Having speed weapons can buy you stuff like that.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Good lord, another home run

Barely holding on 6-5 now

Good thing we could put our closers in... Oh wait.. We used them before the game finished 9 innings

Cool

since70

Sep 27, 2016
Home run ball would've hit the yellow line on top of the wall, so I thought it was the correct call, especially since Palacios half-assed attempt would've resulted in a catch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad