Player Discussion Rafaël Harvey-Pinard

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Yep will largely depend on whether team is experiencing injuries or not by the time he comes back. Opens up a spot for a guy like Heineman or even Kapanen.
Maybe Tuch.

I’d guess it’s gonna be Barre-Boulet if no younger guys take the spot.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Feel bad for him, but athletics is cut throat. Can't stay healthy, can't produce, you're gone. We have people who can fill his shoes.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
He was only going to help Laval. He had his moment and dropped off significantly. They can do better.

Reactions: Redux91

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Unfortunately for him that's probably gonna end his NHL dream.
Hopefully not. Players have come back from much more disastrous injuries and enjoyed long careers. But if the worse has happened, its a comfort to know that this hard working player has earned over $3 million dollars playing hockey and at the age of only 26 has earned more money than most people reading this post will earn in their entire working careers.

Also, if his injury is disabling and prevents him from playing hockey, then, similar to all NHL players, he will have access to disability insurance.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
sucks to hear, I'd rather RHP on the roster then say rush a prospect. Heineman needs a good bit of work on his offensive game and consistency so I had hoped he would be back in Laval to work on things.

Barre-Boulet is badly needed in Laval so unless they bring in another vet for Laval I still don't think he makes the team.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
sucks to hear, I'd rather RHP on the roster then say rush a prospect. Heineman needs a good bit of work on his offensive game and consistency so I had hoped he would be back in Laval to work on things.

Barre-Boule is badly needed in Laval so unless they bring in another vet for Laval I still don't think he makes the team.

Will be interesting to see how Beck and Kapanen look in camp. Two years ago Beck stood out.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
He'll probably have a chance to gain his spot back and is otherwise versatile enough to hold a 13th/14th forward spot. Definitely a + player defensively, something very few forwards on that roster are.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I liked him in the bumper on the PP. I was hoping he'd get a shot there on the 2nd unit, with better players than we had last year on the 2nd unit.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Honestly, it’s too bad, I have nothing against him and always love a good underdog story. Hopefully he can salvage his career but it seems to be working against him and his initial rookie burst seems so long ago now.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Honestly, it’s too bad, I have nothing against him and always love a good underdog story. Hopefully he can salvage his career but it seems to be working against him and his initial rookie burst seems so long ago now.
Even before this horrible injury he was not a lock to make this team. I truly wish him well.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I would sign Tanner Pearson to replace RHP on a PTO maybe
Team was already full

All this did was merely cement Roy's spot, that they obviously wanted to give him anyway

RHP will either, return from injury and be sent AHL and not re-signed, or return from injury and be traded
But he'll always have that special back half of 2023 at least
But, moving on

Reactions: themilosh

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Even though he was scoring at an unrealistic rate, what impressed me the most was how he worked when he first got called up. Nobody worked harder which is why I was convinced he was going to be a good 4th liner for us. Last year all that compete was gone. I'm sure injuries didn't help but he played himself off the team just from that alone. Little surprised Hughes hasn't signed a 4th liner yet, maybe it happens sooner now that RHP is gone for a while.

Reactions: Hacketts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad