Confirmed with Link: Radek Faksa traded to St. Louis Blues

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I like the cap space, but part of me is a little sad about losing Faksa. Still one of the coolest plays I've seen since it led to a goal shortly after.

giphy.webp

Ya unfortunately his contract made a lot of fans hate on Radek, but the dude was a gem his entire career and to this day, his journey as a kid still amazes me.

I hope he continues to play in the NHL for years to come.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
So move Faksa to free up money for Harley? That acceptable to lock down the young guys. However it still does not address the offensive hole left by pavelski.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I hope you are right but that’s a ton of hope in rookies. Very risky. Risky is also not normally what Nill does.

Once Harley signs, we should have a better idea of where we stand with cap. There aren't many options in FA besides Tarasenko and Atkinson. Might have to roll with what we have and address any needs during the season.

nvm Atkinson signed in Tampa for cheap

Last edited:
Reactions: roryjones

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I hope you are right but that’s a ton of hope in rookies. Very risky. Risky is also not normally what Nill does.
Not really. If scoring were a weakness last year or if it was mediocre, I would agree that it's risky but it was our biggest strength. So, if we see a bit of a dip in scoring, it will still probably be our biggest strength.

I've said this already but I'll say it again. If Stank spends the year on the top line, I bet we see Robo and Roope's point totals increase even if Stank doesn't match Pavs' 67 points. Read David's article, Pavs put up points but he dragged down that top line.

Edit: I wanna add that I love Pavelski and hate saying negative things about his play.

Reactions: LT and piqued

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Not really. If scoring were a weakness last year or if it was mediocre, I would agree that it's risky but it was our biggest strength. So, if we see a bit of a dip in scoring, it will still probably be our biggest strength.

I've said this already but I'll say it again. If Stank spends the year on the top line, I bet we see Robo and Roope's point totals increase even if Stank doesn't match Pavs' 67 points. Read David's article, Pavs put up points but he dragged down that top line.

Edit: I wanna add that I love Pavelski and hate saying negative things about his play.

Nothing negative, just age caught up to him.

Reactions: LT and Kipper 17

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
So move Faksa to free up money for Harley? That acceptable to lock down the young guys. However it still does not address the offensive hole left by pavelski.
Keep in mind $2 million of this season's cap hit is going to pay for Pavelski's performance last season due to the way the bonus overages work. So when you ask how to replace what Pavelski gave them, there isn't a 1:1 availability of cap space to plug the hole.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I don't think either of them is gonna make up the points we're losing from him, but their speed (compared to what his was) might make them just as valuable even with less points.
And again, I don't see Stank dragging down the line like Pavs did last year. We saw the in the playoffs, every time he was moved onto a line, that line got better.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
48 of pavelskis points last season came from October to February when stankoven wasn't in the NHL (60 games)

I have alot of confidence stankoven produces to a level where most of those points are directly replaced in the first 60 games of season. If he plays on hintz wing all season he may out produce that.

Hopefully Borque can have a strong season and have a strong impact on a line with Wyatt to cover the points Pavelski had from mid Feb to April (19) that we also need to replace, as we hit the stretch run this year.

Basically saying this year we get Stankoven in from October to Feb, where he wasn't last year and should get close to 45 to 50 points.

Borque playing a full season is the other addition and the remaining cover of pavelskis subtraction is a good chance to cover that

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
i'd much rather sign harley and call it a day.

build up as much cap space as you can throughout the year, get a clear picture of what you need, and make a trade for it.

imo you're trading futures for winning now whether you do it at the TDL with picks/magic beans, or if you do it by signing an FA deal to too much term that will handicap you in the future.

if i had my choice, i'd rather spend when i have the best picture of what the current team is. (TDL)

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Looking like a long-term deal for Harley is in the works.

Was told 4-6 years is the length. No idea on AAV.
Now this would make it a successful offseason. A 6 year deal would be amazing, take him through the entirety of Miro's deal and then some. I really don't think Harley is a player you bridge unless you have no other options. Get him secured now as a cornerstone piece and reap massive surplus value.

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Future comments that will be hilarious to read in the Thomas Harley signing thread:

Who the hell is Harley Thomas and why would Dallas sign him to a 6 year deal?

Overpayment. Dude was complete garbage against Edmonton in the playoffs and doesn't have the IQ to keep up at the NHL level

I've never even heard of this scrub and somehow he got a 6 year deal?? I would be a better GM than Nill

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Future comments that will be hilarious to read in the Thomas Harley signing thread:

Who the hell is Harley Thomas and why would Dallas sign him to a 6 year deal?

Overpayment. Dude was complete garbage against Edmonton in the playoffs and doesn't have the IQ to keep up at the NHL level

I've never even heard of this scrub and somehow he got a 6 year deal?? I would be a better GM than Nill
HFBlues covets Harley.

• Wow
Reactions: redbeardtx

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad