GDT: R2G3 | Dallas Stars @ Colorado Avalanche | 10pm ET 8pm MT | Series tied 1-1

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Avs need and can step it up. DAL is not doing anything impressive, we just need to simplify our game a bit. The guys were doing some good things last night, but were a bit off at times, as evidenced by the PP. Strangely I would say that we are the more physical team, it's time to play like jerks. Was disappointed by Cogs coverage on the 2nd goal, he needs to do better as a vet there.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Common denominator is Fourgiev here. His teammates hated him in New York and I’m betting everyone here hates him too.
Watch the presser from R1G2 with him and Manson and just watch Manson’s body language and demeanour when Georgie speaks. That guy either just hates press conferences (this is definitely possible) or has some serious disdain for Georgie

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Why is everyone talking about that stupid video posted by an oiler fan like a month ago and suddenly trying to make up narratives that support it.
Why is it even relevant that it was an Oiler fan and which made up narrative are you referring to?

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Why is it even relevant that it was an Oiler fan and which made up narrative are you referring to?
The narrative that everyone hates George and that there's this huge rift in the lockerroom. There's no evidence of that. Everything that's come out of the lockerroom has countered that.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I’m going down with the ship.

I believe they make the comeback. Maybe they make me look like a chump, but I’m not giving in.
Series isn't over I mean we are talking a goal here and there, it's not like we are getting blown out. We just aren't coming up with the big play at the right time.

We were literally a inch away from being up 2-1 last night in the 2nd period. A minute later we were down 2-1. We go up 2-1 it's a different game.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
We are signing such a different tune if we score on one of our two early power plays.

Or if we score the second goal instead of Dallas in the second.

Yes the third was ugly but we could have taken this game and the series lead. Just get after it in game 4 and go back to Dallas for a best of 3.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The narrative that everyone hates George and that there's this huge rift in the lockerroom. There's no evidence of that. Everything that's come out of the lockerroom has countered that.
There isn't evidence of a rift, but there is PLENTY of evidence that George is a shit teammate.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
There isn't evidence of a rift, but there is PLENTY of evidence that George is a shit teammate.

I didn't care for his post-game interview last night. All he kept doing was basically saying "Ask the guys in front of me." I'm glad he's been better but not a fan of throwing the team in front of him under the bus (even if he's right about it).

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Lehkonen was bad in game two as well.

Didn’t see this whole game but I knew bad things were going to happen the moment they went 0-3 on the power play. Effort was there, execution was not.

Mikko had the best game score on the team but he looked like he was fighting the puck A LOT. Too many instances he fumbled it for a turnover or just plain let it get past him.

And while I don’t love Mittelstadt in this series, Parise has been beyond atrocious. I sure hope he’s the guy who sits if/when Drouin comes back.
Parise is done like burnt toast.

Mikko's puck possession skills are listed as missing on a milk carton.

We always knew he couldn't skate and his narrow stance on skates (timberrrr....) undermines his vertical balance. But now he can't handle the puck either.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
It's like the Avs forgot how many times they scored on the PP vs Winnipeg with Makar ripping shots from the point and Lehkonen/Nichushkin in front.

Or game 1 when Makar walked in and beat Oettinger clean.

Don't know why they think this series has to be one play and one play only to MacKinnon.

#8 needs to learn to assert himself every night, not just every few games. Quinn Hughes damn sure doesn't sit back and let others try to take over games while he watches. Makar has to get going offensively.
Haven't looked it up yet, but I was wondering how many (quality - ones that the goalie needed to stop) shots Makar actually took last night..... ? maybe 2?

He is the goddamn coach and he's not chewing their asses for ignoring the gameplan? That's on the coach.
Chew on asses........? Hell, make them ride the pine for a bit. You're the coach dammit!

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
If he scored a goal by whizzing it by the goal tender, or got an assist by making a great pass, we would only be bitching about his effort, but at least he'd still be contributing. Tapping in that goal doesn't mean shit when you just put out that type of effort. Unless he's injured, there's no excuse for him to be this lazy. He's not skating, hitting or hustling for anything. He hasn't been great in these playoffs, but tonight he was a complete liability. That's not normal for him. He's been off all season, but tonight he was extra shitty. We can't afford for our top line winger to be killing plays like he has. I have no doubt in my mind that a good amount of MacK's frustration is coming from Mikko right now. He's actively hurting his team and the coach still won't split them up.
Yep. It's the play killing that got to me. And I don't ignore the strong likelihood that his teammates have noticed.

I was telling the TV last night, don't pass to Rantanen, don't pass to Rantanen, he'll just ef it up.........

But they passed it to him. And yes, he absolutely ef'd up just about any possession (or near possession) that he had.........

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
I didn't care for his post-game interview last night. All he kept doing was basically saying "Ask the guys in front of me." I'm glad he's been better but not a fan of throwing the team in front of him under the bus (even if he's right about it).
I didn’t watch but if that’s the case that’s a pretty big kick in the balls to a team that stuck with him and supported him when he really didn’t earn it a few weeks ago…..

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Pretty sure there is video evidence floating around that shows Mikko does not like Georgiev. Pretty sure he wants to f***ing kill him if I read those lips right.

Reactions: Alienblood

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Pretty sure there is video evidence floating around that shows Mikko does not like Georgiev. Pretty sure he wants to f***ing kill him if I read those lips right.
That's the video I was talking about. It's from a while back and we have no context to it and just a bunch of people attempting to lip read.

George's reaction of just gently nodding doesn't strike me as the reaction you'd get if someone was tearing you a new one.

Who knows what was really said and what was really going on. I mean we could all say Mack hates Bednar based on that one video of him telling him to do his f***ing job. But that couldn't be further from the truth.

So I think extrapolating the locker room vibe off one short video is silly.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
That's the video I was talking about. It's from a while back and we have no context to it and just a bunch of people attempting to lip read.

George's reaction of just gently nodding doesn't strike me as the reaction you'd get if someone was tearing you a new one.

Who knows what was really said and what was really going on. I mean we could all say Mack hates Bednar based on that one video of him telling him to do his f***ing job. But that couldn't be further from the truth.

So I think extrapolating the locker room vibe off one short video is silly.
You're entitled to interpret the video anyway you want.

I'm just going to take Mikko at his word here and believe that all is not hunky dory in the locker room.

Reactions: Alienblood

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
100%, but I think that clip is in the heat of the moment, isn't Mikko and George friends that train out in the offseason?

The problem with that entire clip is how bad Alex is, he ain't wrong about Rantanen on the PP, the biggest turnover machine compared to anyone, especially when he's at the blueline lol.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
100%, but I think that clip is in the heat of the moment, isn't Mikko and George friends that train out in the offseason?

The problem with that entire clip is how bad Alex is, he ain't wrong about Rantanen on the PP, the biggest turnover machine compared to anyone, especially when he's at the blueline lol.
Both live and train in Turku with regularity in the offseason (Kakko too). Don't know if they are good buddies or anything... nor would that stop a falling out. Not saying that is happening, just them working out in summers prior doesn't guarantee anything.

With George, if he had zero history... this would be nothing. But he has an extensive history, going back to how he got to Turku in the first place.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
100%, but I think that clip is in the heat of the moment
And this is why I felt it was relevant that the thing was posted by an Oiler fan, or basically any non-Avs fan. It was clickbait to try and show how disjointed the team is, when the reality is it's just competitive guys in the heat of the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad