GDT: R2G2 - Aves @ Stares - 7:30 MT - 🐝 there or 🐝 🔳

Terrible GDT - I'm sorry. will you forgive me?

• No

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • 😐

Votes: 33 67.3%

• Total voters

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
MacKinnon just hasn't been what we've usually gotten from him this year. I do understand that he's being swarmed, but at the same time he's also getting in his own way. He's made terrible passing decisions, and Bednar rightfully pointed out last night that the Top line (i.e.--MacK and Mikko) are getting frustrated too soon and don't seem to want to work hard enough.

Unfortunately, we've had to live with that with Mikko for a while now, but I don't think this has been something MacK has had to go through much (if at all) in his career.

We simply need him and the rest of our top elite players to play to their capabilities.
I'm not going to say he's playing well, but the reality is 29 isn't going to win us this series. Dallas simply isn't going to let it happen. Other guys are going to have to do something.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'm not going to say he's playing well, but the reality is 29 isn't going to win us this series. Dallas simply isn't going to let it happen. Other guys are going to have to do something.
Yeah, and our depth has actually stepped up and provided us some scoring, so now it's time for an elite player (MacKinnon) to do what elite players always find a way to do (contribute).

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Yeah, and our depth has actually stepped up and provided us some scoring, so now it's time for an elite player (MacKinnon) to do what elite players always find a way to do (contribute).
He has...11 points in 7 games. 2 in 2 this series with both games on the road. Expecting much more than point per game with Dallas playing him the way they are is kind of nuts.

At least now being the home he should avoid some matchups. Hopefully he can a few extra points here.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Avs lost this game in the 1st and 2nd, and took some dumb penalties, but the officiating was also terrible. Only Stars fans and contrarians would justify it.

There's a 1-2 foot difference between the 6th Av and the 6th Star on the ice. Mitts jumped on the ice on the defensive side of the bench right at the blueline. Neither player had an impact on the play, and neither team should have been penalized for too many men. Refs were very eager to make this call to start the game.

too-many-stars-jpeg.868272

This is a clear cut attempt to injure by Marchment. Mikko doesn't change directions, but Marchment does. Comes in with a wide base, leans in, and targets his knee just like his dad. I don't know if it should have been a major, but a minor doesn't feel like enough. If Mikko doesn't lift his leg, his season is over, and he's spending all summer, and the beginning of his UFA season rehabbing, and may not be the same after.

giphy.gif

Benn once again showing he's the dirtiest player in the league by trying to injure an Av player. I don't know how the refs review this for 30 seconds and take away a penalty. At the very least it's charging. He skates into the hit, leaves both feet, launches his body upward, and hits the head. This is another attempt to injure IMO. Just look at Benn's face while he's hitting.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Heiskanen never should have scored on the PP, because this play was clearly offside. Should have been blown dead before the slash. You could see it live. I'm not sure how the broadcast didn't see it or show it.

giphy.gif

Stars-Offsides.png

This is a blatant stick hold, with the puck laying on the doorstep, while the Avs are trying to comeback in the 3rd. No chance the ref didn't see it. He's starring right at it, he just didn't want to call it.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I was expecting a bad game after winning 5 in a row. If the Avs would have lost Game #1 instead of winning it, they wouldn't have played like that in Games #2 for sure.

Don't get me wrong, you wanna win every game but no one is going 16-0 in the playoffs and they know that. It's almost as if they say alright well let's get our bad plays out of the way all in one game and get back to it. (Game #3 vs TB)

That game yesterday was not Avalanche hockey but I'm expecting them to play their best tomorrow night and really take the play to them.

As far as the hit by that piece of shit benn - first of all, I'm glad that DT is ok. Secondly, the thing that pisses me off the most about it is that if Ross Colton had made the exact same hit on Tanev with the exact same result, he would have gotten the 5 + a game misconduct and probably a suspension. There is absolutely ZERO doubt about that and there is no one that can convince me otherwise.

When that f***ing dirty shithead benn dies, I'll eat pancakes on his grave.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I was expecting a bad game after winning 5 in a row. If the Avs would have lost Game #1 instead of winning it, they wouldn't have played like that in Games #2 for sure.

Don't get me wrong, you wanna win every game but no one is going 16-0 in the playoffs and they know that. It's almost as if they say alright well let's get our bad plays out of the way all in one game and get back to it. (Game #3 vs TB)

That game yesterday was not Avalanche hockey but I'm expecting them to play their best tomorrow night and really take the play to them.

As far as the hit by that piece of shit benn - first of all, I'm glad that DT is ok. Secondly, the thing that pisses me off the most about it is that if Ross Colton had made the exact same hit on Tanev with the exact same result, he would have gotten the 5 + a game misconduct and probably a suspension. There is absolutely ZERO doubt about that and there is no one that can convince me otherwise.

When that f***ing dirty shithead benn dies, I'll eat pancakes on his grave.
Rangers are

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
There's a 1-2 foot difference between the 6th Av and the 6th Star on the ice. Mitts jumped on the ice on the defensive side of the bench right at the blueline. Neither player had an impact on the play, and neither team should have been penalized for too many men. Refs were very eager to make this call to start the game.

How is this still debated?
The Avs player jumping on the ice is no4, who clearly starts interfering with play well before the player he replaced gets off the ice.

If the replacement player was the player you see beside him then it's no penalty.

Correct call by officials this.

Reactions: VikingAv

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I’m just pointing out that hit on Toews by Benn didn’t go unnoticed that’s all. Often Avs look the other way and do nothing when someone takes a big hit like that.

They did look the other way.

Avs lost this game in the 1st and 2nd, and took some dumb penalties, but the officiating was also terrible. Only Stars fans and contrarians would justify it.

This is a clear cut attempt to injure by Marchment. Mikko doesn't change directions, but Marchment does. Comes in with a wide base, leans in, and targets his knee just like his dad. I don't know if it should have been a major, but a minor doesn't feel like enough. If Mikko doesn't lift his leg, his season is over, and he's spending all summer, and the beginning of his UFA season rehabbing, and may not be the same after.

giphy.gif

Benn once again showing he's the dirtiest player in the league by trying to injure an Av player. I don't know how the refs review this for 30 seconds and take away a penalty. At the very least it's charging. He skates into the hit, leaves both feet, launches his body upward, and hits the head. This is another attempt to injure IMO. Just look at Benn's face while he's hitting.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Heiskanen never should have scored on the PP, because this play was clearly offside. Should have been blown dead before the slash. You could see it live. I'm not sure how the broadcast didn't see it or show it.

giphy.gif

Stars-Offsides.png

This is a blatant stick hold, with the puck laying on the doorstep, while the Avs are trying to comeback in the 3rd. No chance the ref didn't see it. He's starring right at it, he just didn't want to call it.

giphy.gif

You know it's bad when you have to play these replays and write narratives about them. We lost and got clapped. 1-1 back to Denver.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
He has...11 points in 7 games. 2 in 2 this series with both games on the road. Expecting much more than point per game with Dallas playing him the way they are is kind of nuts.

At least now being the home he should avoid some matchups. Hopefully he can a few extra points here.

I agree with what you're saying but MacKinnon can still be much much better without necessarily putting up more points. He's not tilting the ice like he's capable of and his line spends a lot of time in their own zone.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I agree with what you're saying but MacKinnon can still be much much better without necessarily putting up more points. He's not tilting the ice like he's capable of and his line spends a lot of time in their own zone.
Yep agreed, but he needs 96 to pick it up as well in order for that to happen. Too many plays are dying on 96s stick. Have been all year.

Regular season Nate was able to work around 96s bad play because teams weren't just always swarming him. Now it's far harder for him to have a underperforming linemate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tralfamadore

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
How is this still debated?
The Avs player jumping on the ice is no4, who clearly starts interfering with play well before the player he replaced gets off the ice.

If the replacement player was the player you see beside him then it's no penalty.

Correct call by officials this.

The player that jumped on didn't impact the play. The Stars player made the pass across just like he'd do 10 times out of 10. He's not going to skate into the corner with the puck.

Respect your opinion, but this same type of play will go uncalled many times in the playoffs, and has many times in the past.

You know it's bad when you have to play these replays and write narratives about them. We lost and got clapped. 1-1 back to Denver.

Love the irony of skipping over the first sentence to create your own narrative.

Bad officiating happens. You don't get bonus points for supporting it, or creating a straw man that people being critical of it think that's why they lost. Especially when they specifically said the Avs lost the game themselves.

Avs lost this game in the 1st and 2nd, and took some dumb penalties

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad