GDT: R2G2 - Aves @ Stares - 7:30 MT - 🐝 there or 🐝 🔳

Terrible GDT - I'm sorry. will you forgive me?

• No

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • 😐

Votes: 33 67.3%

• Total voters

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I thought the Avs were better in that game, yes, but again, that doesn't really make up for it when you can't get a measly shot in 14 minutes...yet you do it twice in one game. Avs were fortunate that Dallas didn't play better because we could have easily lost because of that.
This isn't some one way street. Dallas had 7 shots total in the final 40 minutes. Dallas is fortunate Colirado didn't play better because it could have ended in regulation.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Dallas gets beaten and it's because the players didn't do what DeBoer wanted. But Avs get beaten and it's because Bednar sucks. I don't get why it's Avs fans perpetuating this nonsense narrative. This team has the most come from behind wins this year, and something like 10 in the 2022 playoffs. You think bednar played no role in those adjustments? Listen to Parise talking about Bednar's maps to win and if things aren't going well he finds other things to work on. Bednar adjusts fine. Sometimes games don't go your way. Dallas want this one more than we do.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Bednar absolutely makes adjustments, but it tends not to happen between periods, it is more likely to happen between games.

Again, read it. I just said the refs have been awful.

I even stated first the Avs aren’t playing well.
What calls? @Bill Peckerskull just mentioned that all the Avs penalties have been too many men, delay of game, and delay of game. Benn is trash with a slightly high hit that should have been charging, but it was not even close to being a major.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
So far, have just seen the 2nd period play. Best I can tell with the Avs, the legs aren't there and their brains are not engaged.

Every forward is late to the puck making the forecheck task impossible to properly execute.

The D is constantly allowing Star players to get behind them.

Nuke made one of the dumbest decisions I've seen him make in bringing the puck back to the blue line in the offensive zone and then giving it up. Plenty of time and space to have either backhanded it back into the corner or pass it earlier to the point.

Too many players playing like individuals.

MacK is out to lunch. I do not know why.

Manson is terrible tonight. Girard is having a hard time keeping up under the pressure. Walker is a penalty taking machine.

Georgiev is being hung out to dry. Too bad. He's moving pretty well tonight.

Reactions: MarkT and GeoRox89

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Should be Trenin, but Bednar won't allow that. That's why we'll keep getting bullied. We need someone like Gabe that'll just say f*** it and go after him. I don't expect anything out of Manson tonight. He's been beyond shit.
Nailed this one too, sir. Landy's one of many roles was enforcing attitude adjustments, on opposition pricks.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Get out of this one without any injuries and come with a better game plan for the two at home. We would have all taken a 1-1 split 3 days ago.

100%

It’s still fine to let the rage flow through us… but don’t lose perspective. I’m still taking the Avs to win this series.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This isn't some one way street. Dallas had 7 shots total in the final 40 minutes. Dallas is fortunate Colirado didn't play better because it could have ended in regulation.
You say this, but Colorado was quite meh in game 1, while Dallas was worse, but guess what? Stars are kicking our arse today, while Avs looked meh in game 1, and looking like the Washington Capitals today isn't aspiring any confidence when the series comes back to Denver. And to be honest, as I wrote in one of my previous posts, Dallas isn't even playing that amazing right now, more like the Avs look like they went to a strip club all night and partied until 5 pm CT, getting two hours of pregame nap.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
So far, have just seen the 2nd period play. Best I can tell with the Avs, the legs aren't there and their brains are not engaged.

Every forward is late to the puck making the forecheck task impossible to properly execute.

The D is constantly allowing Star players to get behind them.

Nuke made one of the dumbest decisions I've seen him make in bringing the puck back to the blue line in the offensive zone and then giving it up. Plenty of time and space to have either backhanded it back into the corner or pass it earlier to the point.

Too many players playing like individuals.

MacK is out to lunch. I do not know why.

Manson is terrible tonight. Girard is having a hard time keeping up under the pressure. Walker is a penalty taking machine.

Georgiev is being hung out to dry. Too bad. He's moving pretty well tonight.
I think you need to re-evaluate Girard in this game. He and Makar are the only Dmen playing well tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad