GDT: R2G1 - Avalanche @ Stars - 7:30PM - Nate Wick

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Really hope that OT builds George's confidence. He looks so unsettled in the net to me. Fighting everything. It is kinda crazy how he bounces back tho. After game 1/last few games of the season he looked toast. Comes out tonight and lets in a few softies but than completely shuts the door in OT.
His history this season has shown he's much better when he plays often.

In the regular season he had a 3.81 GAA and an .876 save percentage when he had 3 or more days of rest. With 2 days of rest he was at 2.65 and .915. Night and day.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Lots to be improved upon but I'll take the win. Gutsy comeback for Georgiev and the boys.

Get Wagner out of the lineup. Hope Drouin is back soon. He'll thrive in this telephone booth of a series. Mack needs to be much better.

The good news is that I think we will just get faster and Dallas will just get slower, especially when this shifts to Denver.

Reactions: JudoKoala

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
This reminds me of the Vegas series. After a game 2 OT win where the Avs were getting manhandled and outplayed. Vegas came back and cruised to 4 straight wins when the Avs couldn't adapt.

Bednar needs to make some big changes for next game.
I beleive DeBoers will resurrect his anti-Vegas defense next.

It was obvious that the Avs are the faster team. At one point in the 2nd the Stars adjusted to play a NZ 1 -2-2. It didn't work. So in OT, Dallas went back to their pressure 2-1-2 forecheck. Which works except when the Avs recover the puck and start moving the other way with speed..... because all the forwards are behind and chasing the play.

DeBoers has to find a way to slow the Avs game down. Game 2. It will be a chess match.

Georgiev's goal tending performance was key and critical to the Avs success tonight.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Because we’re sexy.

And you know it.
1715145199139.gif

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I beleive DeBoers will resurrect his anti-Vegas defense next.

It was obvious that the Avs are the faster team. At one point in the 2nd the Stars adjusted to play a NZ 1 -2-2. It didn't work. So in OT, Dallas went back to their pressure 2-1-2 forecheck. Which works except when the Avs recover the puck and start moving the other way with speed..... because all the forwards are behind and chasing the play.

DeBoers has to find a way to slow the Avs game down. Game 2. It will be a chess match.

Georgiev's goal tending performance was key and critical to the Avs success tonight.
I knew coming into this series we should of had the advantage game 1. We are just so different from Vegas, it was going to be hard for Dallas to adjust. Take away the sluggish 1st period and unlucky bounces and we possibly win something like 3-1.

It will be interesting to see what Dallas does moving forward now that they have seen the Avs speed and gameplan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad