Draft R1 #30: Rangers select EJ Emery (RHD, USNTDP/USHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Is that … good?

Still don’t understand the Miller comparison. This guy is all defense. Miller has no defensive instinct and is basically a forward playing defense. So other than fitness, nationality and skin tone, what’s the similarity?
He's Canadian actually

• Haha
Reactions: CasusBelli

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I mean Trouba and Lindgren fall into that category even if they’re ass lol

K’Andre kind of does as well cause he stinks at offense

I’m not sure how anyone looks at what happened with this team and says “yeah, we need more defensemen who can’t generate shit for offense”
You are joking right? Trouba and Lindgren are both ass at defending. This defense bled chances against in the playoffs against Carolina and especially Florida. Our D group actually was 3rd in the league in scoring this year. I don't know what to tell you if you think this team doesn't need somebody who can actually defend.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Fox is the teams real shut down defender

Miller is generally good in the neutral zone and defending his blue line if he's not forced back because of no forward pressure

Miller makes a few gafes trying to step up at times but overall he's pretty competent at shutting down rushes

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
I’m expecting to hear as early as this year how impressed the Rangers are with his maturity and that he might be ready to make the jump sooner than anticipated.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
This is one of the main reasons NyR can’t win a cup on a consistent basis.

Let’s keep drafting the Mcilrath type of D in round 1? How has that gone so far?

Everyone knows defensive defenseman can be bought in free agency. Geez. It’s like NYR refuse to learn.

There were many talented guys like Chernyshev still on the board😳😭🤬🤬🤬

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Let’s keep drafting the Mcilrath type of D in round 1? How has that gone so far?

Everyone knows defensive defenseman can be bought in free agency. Geez. It’s like NYR refuse to learn.

Who the f*** are you and why are you posting dumb crap like this on our board?

McIlrath? What drugs are you taking?

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
I do wish that we prioritized high end skill. But you don't get that at 30 without sacrificing other big things.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Yes, and we need a guy that focuses on the defending part.

No, outside of healthy Adam Fox, we need all of our defenseman and the core as whole to be better in general/at everything. Defending, moving the puck out, avoiding mistakes, contributing offensively etc.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

Do you know how much a Tanev is going to get pad this year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad