Draft R1 #30: Rangers select EJ Emery (RHD, USNTDP/USHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
What I’m reading and seeing seems like a slightly more polished Mancini/Fortescue. Skates well, good size, probably needs 3 years of development. Good at angling forwards, physically strong. There’s a mold there it seems, no?
Absolutely.

And the program is just as much the sell point for the Rangers imo.

Safe pick and good with it. You aren’t going to hit many homers at 30

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
1719629982815.png

Well shit, we didn't select him after all. It was all a dream.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
As we learned with Robertson, a more modest ceiling doesn’t always mean an automatic hit.

But he does seem like the kind of player almost certain to be an NHL roster quality guy, even if it’s only in a lesser role

Agreed, and Robertson is definitely the tale of caution here.

But in general, big, rangy, smart defenseman with a good outlet pass are a recipe for success. Smarts being the key that often gets conflated with big defenseman.

Know absolutely nothing about our pick but I like the scouting report.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The guy they pick tonight isn’t gonna make the team for another 2 years at least and more realistically 3-4

Reactions: Crease

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Who exactly is a shut down Dman on the Rangers right now?
I mean Trouba and Lindgren fall into that category even if they’re ass lol

K’Andre kind of does as well cause he stinks at offense

I’m not sure how anyone looks at what happened with this team and says “yeah, we need more defensemen who can’t generate shit for offense”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad