Question: Steve Eminger

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Eminger is better than Hammer as a #7. Bickel will be the emergency call-up, though if they do extend a contract to Klassen, he might become our emergency D.

Jun 15, 2007
As a Caps fan I'm really glad Eminger has seemingly managed to stick in the NHL.

He isn't the player we hope'd he'd be but at least he can say he's an NHLer on a playoff team. Good for him.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
so i guess the Ducks and Hawks should regret letting him go for nothing as well. :shakehead dime a dozen player. certain players need to be on bad teams with not alot of depth to produce... PA Parenteau is one of them

What are you talking about? Parenteau wanted to a guaranteed 1-way contract and legitimate chance to compete for an NHL position. Rangers clearly were not in a position to promise him that. What did you want the team to do?

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
If you need a defenseman to sit, you want Steve Eminger!

I know you're partially just being snarky for the sake of it, but with the way we've seen d-men go down and with the brutal 3rd pairings we've been forced to employ I don't think it's fair to act like 7th defensemen are irrelevant.

Vieille Barbe

Radko's Modern Life
Apr 6, 2012
Hockey Paradise
Thanks for the input everyone. I was reasonable happy with Eminger's play for the Lightning a few years back, as apparently was Rick Tocchet, who put him on the ice well over 20 minutes per game. Trading him at the deadline that year was one of our many less than stellar moves under the reign of the two idiots.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think we'll try and keep Eminger around as the 6th/7th, would be a good stopgap for another year until McIlrath is ready for consistent minutes. Gilroy and Hamrlik should both be let go this summer.

This ^ with the caveat that you want him, he's yours for a 5th maybe a 6th

RangerFan10

Sure he could. Scuderi is 35 and is looking at a last contract. I would give him easily 4m per for 3 years rather than pay Clowe/Clarkson. I do think bottom pairing is underrating his abilities.

McDonagh-Girardi
Del Zotto-Scuderi
Moore-Stralman

Staal(out with eye injury/traded to Carolina)
I'll be very surprised if Staal's vision isn't good enough to be back at the start of next season.

Last edited:

RangerFan10

I have a hard time thinking of the last time I was upset with Eminger's play, and that's a lot more than I can say for Del Zotto or Stralman. I think you have to re-sign if he's looking for a reasonable deal.

Won't be shocked if Moore's solid play forces Del Zotto or Staal out in a trade if the value is there either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad