Speculation: Question about expansion

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Players like Burns and Big Buff who have shifted from fwd and Defencce.
How does protecting Them? For example if San Jose wanted to protect Burns as a fed, could they do it?
Very curious, as this could change the way teams protect players in these cases.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I would think they'd go with the position they've played the most games at in the past 3 yrs.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
I would think they'd go with the position they've played the most games at in the past 3 yrs.

If you are not sure if a player is a F or D then sure he is a skater, so you can only protect 8 skater and 1 goalie.
If you try to circumvent the rules Vegas might get a 1st round draft pick additionally.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
If you are not sure if a player is a F or D then sure he is a skater, so you can only protect 8 skater and 1 goalie.
If you try to circumvent the rules Vegas might get a 1st round draft pick additionally.

No if you aren't sure if he is a F or a D (which o think no one is close enough to cause confusion) you simply ask the league...

They aren't going to force you into protecting 8 players instead of 10 just because one dude has played at both F and D... that's ridiculous

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Burns and Buff seems to be obvious cases of D.

But I really wondered how Mark Streit would've been treated circa 2007-2008. Played D on the PP but MOSTLY forward at ES on just about every line imaginable. Got some Norris support due to being nominally a D, despite icetime totals around 17 minutes (17 minutes D usually do not get any Norris support whatsoever).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad