Euro: Quarterfinals - Netherlands v. Türkiye - July 6

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
That defending is just so bad..

Three defenders just looking at that ball go through the box
Funny hearing commentary suggesting that the ball in was so menacing that no Turkish defender wanted to dare take a swing at it.

Umm no. That ball had such little pace that a couple of guys had tons of space to slash the ball out of play.

Turkey didn’t play badly, but two instances of lazy or unfocused defending probably has taken this one away from them.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
None of the quarterfinals will be decided after 90 minutes :laugh:

Edit: Well that was a jinx :D

Wonder if Slot can bring the best out of Gakpo? Cause he always seems to be on fire for Oranje.
Gakpo is so weird. He’s obviously LW, (and I think that’s where Slot will play him) but I don’t know if he is athletic enough to play wing in the PL, and Slot kind of likes his wingers to be really wide/make the pitch bigger and that’s not really what Gakpo does either? There’s obviously a really good player in there but we still have to prove he can translate his national team form

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Gakpo is so weird. He’s obviously LW, (and I think that’s where Slot will play him) but I don’t know if he is athletic enough to play wing in the PL, and Slot kind of likes his wingers to be really wide/make the pitch bigger and that’s not really what Gakpo does either? There’s obviously a really good player in there but we still have to prove he can translate his national team form

Maybe he could play false 9 instead?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad