Euro: Quarterfinals: Germany - Spain (July 5th)

Who Advances

• Germany

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Spain

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Spain have now officially surpassed Germany in terms of all-time hierarchy. Germany continues their downward spiral. Only thing I will concede is that they made it close in the end and I didn’t think it was possible, but regardless they still found a way to lose. And the future looks bleak as ever.

Keep changing your narrative, it’s highly amusing.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Can't believe Nagelsmann used Muller as a sub lmao overrated club coach.
I’m guessing it’s because Muller can play CAM, CF, S, RW or LW. He’s just not good anymore, but he’s adroit enough to move everywhere and throw off the defense. I’m guessing. Otherwise? Maybe it’s a nod of respect — I don’t think Muller is playing at the next WC, let alone Euro. Not that it’s a good defense. I’m just trying to figure out rationale.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's funny because the yellow card rule is there to prevent cynical fouling. And both teams cynical foul all game and get a bunch of players banned and people's reaction is 'it's too bad the SF gets ruined by yellow cards'. Like come on then you think there should be no consequence for all these stupid fouls.

Reactions: gary69 and Oilhawks

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
It's funny because the yellow card rule is there to prevent cynical fouling. And both teams cynical foul all game and get a bunch of players banned and people's reaction is 'it's too bad the SF gets ruined by yellow cards'. Like come on then you think there should be no consequence for all these stupid fouls.

Absolutely. If you don't want to see players suspended for repeated foul-play, tell them to avoid repeated foul-play.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Absolutely. If you don't want to see players suspended for repeated foul-play, tell them to avoid repeated foul-play.
If they didn’t have this rule every single game would be a hack session. Which already happens way too much every time a player dribbles past somebody.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Germany hosts the 2006 World Cup - eliminated due to a goal against in the 119 minute.
Germany hosts the 2024 Euro's - eliminated due to a goal against in the 119 minute.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Keep changing your narrative, it’s highly amusing.

What’s changed??

I’ve said all along Germany would lose and they did. And I’ve been saying all along that Germany as a whole are in the midst of a downward trajectory and have a bleak future outlook…and that also still stands.

Idk what happened to their foundation after that 2014 World Cup but they just seem to keep on losing ground and show very little in terms of young star power when you compare to the other top nations. This has been my “narrative”, so again what do I keep changing??? The only thing I was admittedly wrong on was that they made this final result closer than I thought and I already said that in my last post.

Reactions: cgf

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What’s changed??

I’ve said all along Germany would lose and they did. And I’ve been saying all along that Germany as a whole are in the midst of a downward trajectory and have a bleak future outlook…and that also still stands.

Idk what happened to their foundation after that 2014 World Cup but they just seem to keep on losing ground and show very little in terms of young star power when you compare to the other top nations. This has been my “narrative”, so again what do I keep changing??? The only thing I was admittedly wrong on was that they made this final result closer than I thought and I already said that in my last post.

“They will never score a goal.”

*Germany scores. Your credibility rapidly flying out the window in the process.*

“Well, ok, but pay attention to all this other crap I’m saying.”

They played the best team in the tournament to date and lost in extra time.

That’s the narrative.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Ugh. Painful way for it to end with the chances we squandered and just how sloppy both goals we conceded were, but gotta give Spain their props. They went for the win in extra time and played very well again.

Gunna be rooting for them against Portugal/France & England. They play a fun brand of football and those kids are demons.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What’s changed??

Aww I was starting to get worried about you, so happy to see you’re ok! *hug*

How’s the fam?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad