Euro: Quarterfinals - France v. Portugal - July 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
2 own goals and a penalty is the sum of France's offence in this tournament and they are headed to the quarterfinals. Let that sink in.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I would have more interest watching an alumni game between each nation vs watching their current squads.

Give me Figo vs Zidane!

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I would have more interest watching an alumni game between each nation vs watching their current squads.

Give me Figo vs Zidane!
The French squad has a ton of talent, they just have a manager who has no idea how to use it.

Portugal is sorta the same except the main issue is him being unwilling to bench Ronaldo which undermines basically everything else in the attacking third.

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
The French squad has a ton of talent, they just have a manager who has no idea how to use it.
Umm no. There is absolutely nothing special about this France team. One problem is the manager who has them play this conservative football and picks a corresponding lineup. But, even beyond that, there are barely any special players except Mbappe. There are a couple of youngsters like Barcola or Zaire Emery who may grow into something in the future. The rest are just mediocre.

• Haha
Reactions: King 88

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Umm no. There is absolutely nothing special about this France team. One problem is the manager who has them play this conservative football and picks a corresponding lineup. But, even beyond that, there are barely any special players except Mbappe. There are a couple of youngsters like Barcola or Zaire Emery who may grow into something in the future. The rest are just mediocre.
Sure.
A top 3 goalie.
Arguably the best LB in football.
The top Cb in the world this year.
One of the top 6 in the world.
A new born and rested Kante so instant world class.
Griez who's among the best in the world (but out of it so far)
Three of the most dangerous and unpredictable wingers in the game.
And the best player in the world (not playing like it so far ).

Mediocre indeed.

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
Just kick both out of tournament and draw one the losing teams to advance. Win win for everyone else but these two teams.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It doesn’t just made my eyebrow raise.
Frankly I don't see it as controversial.
He's been the best keeper in Italy two years straight and was before that the best keeper in L1.
Most people would say he was the main reason behind Milan's title a year ago (wasn't he named MVP? Can't remember).
Allison (EPL) or Courtois (Real) might get more press but Maignan is right up there with the best of them.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma

I wouldn't say mediocre, it seems exaggerated to me, but I understand your point of view but I don't think it's all the coach's fault. The feeling I have is that it's a very particular locker room, let's put it that way.

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
If this france squad mediocre I dont even want to know what sunday league teams rest of the countries are 😂😂

Reactions: Evilo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad